What to do when the cure is worse than the disease

T

The Professor

So, as a new member, my introduction posts along with this one have been written during my Easter Sunday in accident and emergency.

I suffer from PTSD with anxiety and depression.

The reason I am in A&E?
Suspected withdrawal symptoms after stopping taking my medication. Althoughit could be a neurological disorder caused by my medication.....

Either way, I am refusing to take any more of the meds. Despite being in some kind of semi painful, insomnia induced fog, I can still think clearer than at any point in the last 20 years. And yesterday I laughed....
Genuine laugh..... I have not done that for 20 years

T

The Professor

The last 6 years have been
Duloxetine (90mg mornings)
Lanzoprazole (30mg mornings)
Quetiapine 100mg nights
Zopiclone 7.5mg nights

Before that I have been on a wide range of meds, rispiredrone, pregabalin, various pain killers, anti depressants and others for the previous 12 years....

I have been medicated in some form or another for 2 decades.( plus or minus a year or two)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I really understood the laugh bit. I been on meds for years and the last 12 included quetiapine which made me feelingless . I slowly came off it and now I can understand what people saw infunny or sad in programmes and life. I used tho think yeh that’s funny but not want to laugh.
Even thru losing my partner I didn’t cry. And felt so guilty about that. But now I’ve got my feelings back and yes I do get mood swings but not to a great extent

But youreally should be careful coming of those meds cos there strong stuff. And it should be done gradually. Hope your feeling better now

Daf

honeybadger

honeybadger

ACCOUNT CLOSED
People with mental health issues get used to it. It's SOP when diagnosed to expect it.

C

Chris Walken

stopping taking my medication.
Yep. What could possibly go wrong, there?

Personally? I'd have moved a nice, comfy, armchair into A&E ~ or The Ward ~ before stopping my med's. Just sat there and awaited the inevitable.

Great fun though, isn't it? Being able to climb walls, screaming, like Spider Man on masses of cocaine.

I hope ye never see this post. Because ye back on some level of medication. And feeling a shit ton better.