What is wrong with me?

I

iamspooked

I'm coming up to the end of University - my final deadlines are in about 1 week. Most likely due to stress, I am experiencing the same type of anxiety I have had in the past, where I am constantly expecting something bad to happen - moreso at night. My mind focuses on the small sounds, thinks of the worst possible explanation no matter how irrational, just to make me scared and wait for something terrible to happen. I'm scared to leave my room, I'm scared to have my back to a door or window, I'm just so scared.

The last time I had this, it was the end of College so I assume it is triggered by the thought of my routine ending and changing, and it was treated with CBT which had no staying power and I have now forgotten most of what we discussed. I have no past trauma to trigger such horrible thoughts, and I don't know where to look for help or what to even search. Does this type of anxiety have a name? Is it paranoia? Or simply a giant bump in the road that will come back every now and again?

Victorianna

Victorianna

I’m sorry you are experiencing this again. What was the diagnosis last time? It sounds like you’re on the right track about it being stress related. So maybe it’s situational anxiety, and when the stressful situation ends, so too will the anxiety. But you’d really need to go to a doctor to get a diagnosis. Sometimes colleges have mental health advisors availabile to students.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ell9199 Anxiety Forum 3
R Anxiety Forum 4
C Anxiety Forum 3