What do your voices say?

wolram

wolram

Mine are very negative, all ways telling me to kill myself one way or the other, they constantly remind me of any thing that has gone wrong in my life, I have not found a cure as yet, drugs do not seem to touch me, I spent 3 weeks in the local mental heath hospital voluntarily and signed myself out because they were just experimenting on me with different drugs.

Are there nice voices? indifferent? how come some are so evil, mine are shit head, brown nose and fanny, shit head is the leader of the three, they sound like 19th century Londoners, how can this be? I haven't lived in the 19th century yet alone in London .

Are your voices recognisable or not? If not how do you think you have "picked up these voices".

All the best Woolie.

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

My most common one is a man who doesn't talk to me directly but conducts a mocking commentary on what I am doing and thinking. I rarely have voices that talk to me directly anymore, but if they do, they are hostile and vile in terms of their language. Fortunately, this is becoming rarer the older I get.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I just hear the one voice now, in the beginning he was pretending to be multiple people talking to me via telepathy but I eventually figured out he was internal rather than external.

I believe we're a dual minded species with two minds sharing one body.

As for what he says it's more of a case of what doesn't he say, he hardly ever stops talking.
What is the most irritating is how he pretends to be me and talks as if he's my own thoughts, I guess he spent so many years using thought ventriloquism and pretending to be my thoughts he just keeps doing it even though I know it's him now, he also sings a lot even when he doesn't know the words to a song he mumbles the parts he doesn't know and sings just a line or two.
He talks like I care about what he has to say like we're friends but that couldn't be further from the truth, he also has the ability to make small muscles twitch mostly in my face and never stops doing that and refuses to stop so I'm basically like a father with a naughty child trying my best to teach him wrong from right but he's a sociopath that has no concept of right or wrong and only thinks of himself.
He commentates on what I'm doing, repeats what I or others say, also threatens me daily, he's verbally abusive and says my name at least 50 times a day trying to get my attention.

The only thing I can do is ignore him which I've been doing for around two and a half years now and wait until he gets so bored talking to nobody that he decides to behave himself.

joao1542

joao1542

Also hear terrible stuff but I usually meditate and do compassion mantras that help a lot, it sends me to a better place.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I get a combination of voices and intrusive thoughts. Actually tonight it feels like they are attacking me intently. Sick of it. One new thing is apparently I am faking schizophrenia. :rolleyes:

joao1542

joao1542

Hi wolram!
I'm in a Tibetan Buddhist school, it's Nyingma school and not the infamous Kadampa, and they are very good to treat mental illness. The compassion mantra is the mantra to remind us of the compassion of all beings, it's very good. If you want to know more search for a school nearby or contact by e-mail.

wolram

wolram

Hi wolram!
I'm in a Tibetan Buddhist school, it's Nyingma school and not the infamous Kadampa, and they are very good to treat mental illness. The compassion mantra is the mantra to remind us of the compassion of all beings, it's very good. If you want to know more search for a school nearby or contact by e-mail.
Hi joao.
I am all in for any thing that helps mental illness, but there are no schools near me, what do you do?

wolram

wolram

My most common one is a man who doesn't talk to me directly but conducts a mocking commentary on what I am doing and thinking. I rarely have voices that talk to me directly anymore, but if they do, they are hostile and vile in terms of their language. Fortunately, this is becoming rarer the older I get.
Hi hopefulloldie

How do you think you "picked up" this voice ? is it a recognisable voice? have you heard it on TV or radio some other place.
Mine are not recognisable to me and i do not know how I picked them up.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Mine are very negative, all ways telling me to kill myself one way or the other, they constantly remind me of any thing that has gone wrong in my life, I have not found a cure as yet, drugs do not seem to touch me, I spent 3 weeks in the local mental heath hospital voluntarily and signed myself out because they were just experimenting on me with different drugs.

Are there nice voices? indifferent? how come some are so evil, mine are shit head, brown nose and fanny, shit head is the leader of the three, they sound like 19th century Londoners, how can this be? I haven't lived in the 19th century yet alone in London .

Are your voices recognisable or not? If not how do you think you have "picked up these voices".

All the best Woolie.
I have nice ghosts that sit with me and are Ok to talk with. They will wag there tails as a dizzyness in my ears and play other games with me like photographing incense smoke while they draw in it like a cloud. The problem with conversing with them is if they're truly trying to be nice they will just sit there quietly because they know we are ALL at risk of hallucinating and hearing scary things happening especially if officer's of the law of thought decide to sit here. Once the rabbit hole starts I often end up calling on angels to help me because they some how are effective in the ghost world and alter what is happening, changing how the ghosts talk just as suddenly as I call for there help, which causes a change in me, like I actually did something, help out the friendlier ghosts and such.

joao1542

joao1542

Hi joao.
I am all in for any thing that helps mental illness, but there are no schools near me, what do you do?
Visit a psychologist and ask about mindfulness and compassion techniques. I'm not sure but I think they can help with it. Actually I am going to visit one for this reason. But it just for the next month.

E

Ell

They order me to do things like harming people or drawing with my blood, to suicide or kill others, also that I'm fucking stupid, sometimes they take the control

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

Hi hopefulloldie

How do you think you "picked up" this voice ? is it a recognisable voice? have you heard it on TV or radio some other place.
Mine are not recognisable to me and i do not know how I picked them up.
Not anyone I recognise Wolram- and like you, I don't know where they came from. It's a mystery, isn't it? I would probably find it harder if it was someone I knew....

wolram

wolram

Not anyone I recognise Wolram- and like you, I don't know where they came from. It's a mystery, isn't it? I would probably find it harder if it was someone I knew....
It certainly is a mystery, I must have picked mine up from somewhere and am racking my tiny brain to think where, It must have been an old film I saw one time other than that I am lost.
:confused:

V

Vunit

All the best Woolie.
Before starting my meds the voices were very angry. The worst was when they kept telling me im a failure in life. After starting my meds 4 years ago the voices have gotten less noticeable and more poitive/neutral.

wolram

wolram

Before starting my meds the voices were very angry. The worst was when they kept telling me im a failure in life. After starting my meds 4 years ago the voices have gotten less noticeable and more poitive/neutral.
I am so glad your voices have got more positive.:D

S

ScopeDynamo

Pretty much blaming me for everything under the sun, though none of it was true.

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

They just keep yelling "hello" but in a synthesized voice. weird??

NWiddi

NWiddi

They just keep yelling "hello" but in a synthesized voice. weird??
When my voice was talking to me via electronic equipment that made vibrations that was weird.

Imagine a fan, PC, washing machine and dryer talking to you.

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

When my voice was talking to me via electronic equipment that made vibrations that was weird.

Imagine a fan, PC, washing machine and dryer talking to you
This noise is totally in my head, I don't get the feeling that the voices are coming from any electrical equipment (yet). When it stops saying "hello"(repetivally) it starts singing a song that i can't get the words of, its dreadful and mournful.