Voices

NWiddi

NWiddi

If you die, they die and I don't think they really want that.

Tell them to go F themselves and go get some anti-psychotics from your doctor they really put voices in their place.

H

Helen73

You're not alone in this. I get voices telling me to destroy myself. It's hard but you have to try and distract yourself from them and anti-psychotics can help.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I came close when my voice was at his worst but I just thought of my friends and family and how it would effect them.

After that I got smart and decided to use chemical warfare against him, you wouldn't believe what anti-psychotics do to voices but put it this way my voice is constantly begging me to come off them, crying for me to leave him alone and for me to talk to him as I've ignored him for over two and a half years but none of it will happen, I'm on meds for life because I truly know what they're capable of and can never let him have power over me again.

You have to use mental strength against them until you get chemical help to fight them. Never believe what they say and don't do anything they tell you to.

N

Nixieplonx

ALEXFAY7: Go to the doctors ASAP!!! You can't just stop taking your meds because you don't think they work, not without back-up anyway (Admittedly - I responded to one of your posts and said I am doing the same, but I've asked for and awaiting medical help and have been on this merry-go-round a LOT longer than you have. I'm sorry if you've interpreted one of my posts as a license to go ahead on your own).

And worries that your family don't understand - well, they might not understand mental illness - but whether they do or don't does not impact on the fact that they love you regardless!! And I'm sure they would LOVE to understand so they can help you more effectively. If you put yourself in their shoes - would you understand? You'd LOVE to though, wouldn't you? Understand and help your own child? Of course you would! It's just not easy for "normal" people to know how to support us, unfortunately.

I'm getting the impression that you're reading posts on the forum but not getting the support you need. But there is always help available, and things ALWAYS GET BETTER regardless of whether you believe your meds aren't working, your family doesn't understand, etc etc.

You're a new member, right? (And a young one at that, possibly not used to the vertigo from the merry-go-round of mental illness just yet lol!)

Help-wise:

What have you been diagnosed with, and when was that? (Not relevant in the great scheme of things, but always helpful to find out you're on the right forum and where you are on the merry-go-round!)

What meds are you on, how long have you been taking them? (No-one on here can give professional advice, but you can compare experiences with other people about side effects associated with starting and withdrawing medications)

Have you got a psychiatrist (pdoc - psychiatric doctor) or CPN? I would contact them if I were you. If not, go to your GP and tell them how you are feeling.

People on here would love to help you any way they can, you're not on your own!

A

Alexfay7

I have been diagnosed with bipolar that was about 2 years ago I am on lamotrigine for my bipolar, I haven't got any help tbh

NWiddi

NWiddi

How are you doing today? Are your voices, depression and suicidal thoughts still there?

Perhaps this site will help you for your area Psypher.

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

Hi Alex,

:hug:

You are not alone.

My GP's gave me the number of the local mental health crisis team. Your local NHS area should have a team too - they are on call 24 hours a day. If you haven't already got the number, try to get it ASAP. They can assess you and get help from the on call psych dr.

NWiddi

NWiddi

My voice only got stronger the more time I waited, he kept learning more and more about what he could do to me, your lucky that your voices are still ignorant to what they can do and is quite dumb compared to mine, seriously the God routine and telling you to kill yourself is old hat and has been done so many times before.

The first time I got help I ended up on a ward for 9 days voluntarily or could have been sectioned for a month or more and they never gave me medication, the second time I went to A&E myself and got referred to my local Early Intervention Team and got the medication I needed without being hospitalised.

Trust me, you don't want to end up on a ward not even for 9 days.

NWiddi

NWiddi

That's what I'm saying, psychosis was responsible for the creation of God or gods.

Mine pretended to be God talking to me, tried making me believe I was a god or the next Jesus, also pretended to be archangels, aliens, people in the real world trying to recruit me for my abilities or kill me for the same reason, the list goes on.

Moses had a voice that told him he was talking to God and created a burning bush hallucination and told him to write down the 10 commandments, Jesus no doubt was psychotic trying to heal people with nothing but his mind and was probably told by his voice that he was the son of God.

Joan of Arc was told by her voices that she was talking to Saints and that she should join the military, she was executed at the age of 20 for it.

It goes back even further to Norse, Egyptian, Greek and Roman mythology. People running around thinking they were gods.

Really unimaginative thinking on behalf of your voice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Bipolar Forum 10