Voices and what they are telling me

J

jenna1

well I thought as time progressed that things would get better... but I'm here to let you know that it hasn't... I am able to go to work and do my job... but I have a good days and bad days.... lately I've been having a lot of bad days ...I have not taken my medication a couple of nights because I was drinking and did not want to take the medication while drinking ...and so I do not know if that's why I am hearing voices...but I do know that even when I take my medicine on a daily basis I still hear voices... it is so hard to determine what is real and what is not real... I hear a friendly voice but this voice can also be mean and say hurtful things to me... like I'm not good enough to do anything... so therefore it constantly makes me sad... I just want to feel better... stop hearing voices... will this ever stop??I know that there is no cure for being psychosis ....I'm told I will be this way for the rest of my life...I am not able to except that....I am not sure why this is happening to me.... why isn't there a drug out there that makes things are better... it actually treats the problem... and fixes it... all these medications do is make you sleepy... and have terrible side effects... my way of thinking is not good I'm always paranoid... I always think my husband is cheating on me...even though I know he's not... why do I think these crazy thoughts.... I hate being insecure... though voices always tells me that my husband is cheating on me....and where I can find the proof that he's cheating on me.... but there have been times where I actually went and looked....and found nothing... why do I do this to myself???why do I do this to my husband he doesn't deserve it...sometimes I think he would be better off without me.... he deserves to be with someone that doesn't have psychosis.... and not have to deal with these problems.... I think that's what hurts the most... is that I love him so much and couldn't see myself with anyone else but in reality he does deserve better than me
I just wish I would get better.. and could be the person I used to be... a fun loving person.. I was always outgoing had lots of friends....but now I don't have any friends... my only friend is my husband.... but he is tired of dealing with this and I don't blame him.... but then again he is always mean to me... says hurtful things to me.. yells at me about stupid stuff....he's yelling at me right now about being on here... how am i supposed to get any better if I don't have the support I need.... he is also a musician so he has tons of fans..he even has five groupies.... so of course this makes it much harder for me to trust him.... all I want is for the voices to stop telling me that he's cheating on me....I cannot be a supportive wife if I'm hearing such negativity all the time... he knows when he yells at me that it only makes things worse yet he does anyways... why???why would you do that person that you supposedly love.... I support him and his music ..why cant he support me with my condition???I. know it's hard for other people to understand that don't have this problem... but I'm at a loss for words right now.... I don't know what to do.... why did this have to happen to me???why can't I just be my old self???do people ever get better from this psychosis problem???I need to know that there's other people out there who suffer from the same problem and if they have similar problems in their lives.... do you have voices that tell you negative things about yourself... that you are not good enough and that your significant other is cheating on you???I hate being psychosis.... I wish there was a cure so I could get back to my old self.... could someone please help me understand what's going on..... why would these voices constantly keep telling me that he's cheating???

Raina Walks

Raina Walks

Sounds awful...the voices are really mean and often hit where it hurts...most people in a relationship worry about their partner cheating so the voices are just hitting that nerve...

I wish there was a cure too....and often we with mental illness feel that people would be better of without us...but that is not true...he got into the relationship because you bring things to his life too...

I yelled at my voices and said all the things they said to me back to them....they did everything to degrade me but I fought back. They went quiet after a while especially when I stopped doing anything that they told me to do...

I hate hearing voices and understand your frustration....so sad for you...

I ended my relationship and refuse to get into another because I have enough stress with my different diagnoses...but while I am content to hug my giant teddy bear a lot of people need human contact....

Wish there were answers ....sadly if there are any I don't have them...just know that you are not alone and that others care that you are in distress and would take it all away if they could.... ((hug)) can't get enough of those...

bert tomato

bert tomato

I think the great danger is confusing the 'disturbances' with what you assume they know!!

Fortuntely most people are as thick as shit and too involved in their own problems.

Our brains, perhaps through extensive drug use have become quite powerful, but pls dont confuse that with the normal mortal.

Pardon my French.

BTW it looks like you have word salad.

Last edited:
K

kerry h

i too suffer with this problem but the voices i hear and the people i see are dead relatives of mine and some of the things they say are vicious but other times they can just seem like they are just drifting around my house .this can be extremly distressing .im on anti psychotics and anti depressants but im sure they r not working.paranoia is a big part of my life and i have such bad panic attacks that i physically choke ,i cant see and i cant breathe a bit embarrising if ur in the middle of a supermarket.i have been admitted into a psyciatric hospital 5 times in the last 4yrs .on a day to day basis i find it very difficult to leave the house and havent been out socially for several years cos it terrifies me.why am i so scared?i have three children and it brakes my heart to not be able to enjoy them like i should but i find just going through the motions of getting my head straight each day to much to cope with.i have an app with the well being team next week but they dont get it.it seems like there is no between seeing ur gp and them having to call the crisis team who i have totally lost faith in ,i just feel hopeless .

A

askjesustohelpyou

Dear Kerry, I believe the voices can imitate your dead relatives whom you trust. The voices are evil and want you to do as they say. Do not trust them. Try to ignore them the best you can. Ask God to help you. I also take medication to help me. Can you not see a counsellor. It is hard for others to get hearing voice when they don't hear them. Just keep kissing and hugging your kids and try to spend time with them even if you are hearing voices.

J

Jrusse02

I wish to god i could give anyone answers including myself muy voices seen like real people are waching my every move and as if they çan see my thoughts while i remain silent in my head they too have told me my spouse is cheating and talk amongst thereselfs saying im not crazy that i have a gift ect. But if that were so why would they torture someone whos gifted? Just hang in there i know how hard it is to tune them out it truly can make life hard.

N

Nanischa

I started hearing and communicating with my own thoughts it could communicate back to me it was like an inner voice and if it was funny i would laugh but i could hide this from others and i was working infront of intensive care and the voice my thought told me before someone passed age and sex so i knew before i felt i had foresight and i got dates and if i was sitting in the coffe atea i knew what people were discussing in other tables it helped me a lot and i loved my new ability after two years of confidence and loving this all i find a drug in my boyfriend bag and i was not angry but when i got to the mirror it was like something inside me was staring at me with great anger .. Then i start to have twitch in the corner of my mouth then babbling to myself outloud and i felt when that happened confusion in my brain. I could not help this and after a big denial of me being mentally ill my son was taken away and i hospitalised and given meds by order of court. And got better on olanzapine but slept late till 1 pm and then after i got from the hospital i got to see my son but the childsupport wanted me to wake up with him once a week for school it was something i knew i could not do so i was on 15 mg of zyprexa went down too 7.5 mg and then stopped cold turkey. Have had insomnia for a week have been off the medication for 2 weeks and my tear duct are beginning to able to tear again. But then im afraid ill have another episode of me talking outloud to myself i did it for 7 months on and off in the day and if they find out im not taking meds i will be shot injections i just hate being fat and unable to funktion even if it cured my self talk . people can u give me advice on anti psycotics that make u wake up in the mornings without so much effort that u sleep over wake up time.

N

Nanischa

I started hearing and communicating with my own thoughts it could communicate back to me it was like an inner voice and if it was funny i would laugh but i could hide this from others and i was working infront of intensive care and the voice my thought told me before someone passed age and sex so i knew before i felt i had foresight and i got dates and if i was sitting in the coffe atea i knew what people were discussing in other tables it helped me a lot and i loved my new ability after two years of confidence and loving this all i find a drug in my boyfriend bag and i was not angry but when i got to the mirror it was like something inside me was staring at me with great anger .. Then i start to have twitch in the corner of my mouth then babbling to myself outloud and i felt when that happened confusion in my brain. I could not help this and after a big denial of me being mentally ill my son was taken away and i hospitalised and given meds by order of court. And got better on olanzapine but slept late till 1 pm and then after i got from the hospital i got to see my son but the childsupport wanted me to wake up with him once a week for school it was something i knew i could not do so i was on 15 mg of zyprexa went down too 7.5 mg and then stopped cold turkey. Have had insomnia for a week have been off the medication for 2 weeks and my tear duct are beginning to able to tear again. But then im afraid ill have another episode of me talking outloud to myself i did it for 7 months on and off in the day and if they find out im not taking meds i will be shot injections i just hate being fat and unable to funktion even if it cured my self talk . people can u give me advice on anti psycotics that make u wake up in the mornings without so much effort that u sleep over wake up time.
Also my son that is now starting to sleep over weekends will be taken away . if only i could find the right medicine to be able to funktion and bring my son up.

N

Nanischa

My voices are never bad they give me information
I started hearing and communicating with my own thoughts it could communicate back to me it was like an inner voice and if it was funny i would laugh but i could hide this from others and i was working infront of intensive care and the voice my thought told me before someone passed age and sex so i knew before i felt i had foresight and i got dates and if i was sitting in the coffe atea i knew what people were discussing in other tables it helped me a lot and i loved my new ability after two years of confidence and loving this all i find a drug in my boyfriend bag and i was not angry but when i got to the mirror it was like something inside me was staring at me with great anger .. Then i start to have twitch in the corner of my mouth then babbling to myself outloud and i felt when that happened confusion in my brain. I could not help this and after a big denial of me being mentally ill my son was taken away and i hospitalised and given meds by order of court. And got better on olanzapine but slept late till 1 pm and then after i got from the hospital i got to see my son but the childsupport wanted me to wake up with him once a week for school it was something i knew i could not do so i was on 15 mg of zyprexa went down too 7.5 mg and then stopped cold turkey. Have had insomnia for a week have been off the medication for 2 weeks and my tear duct are beginning to able to tear again. But then im afraid ill have another episode of me talking outloud to myself i did it for 7 months on and off in the day and if they find out im not taking meds i will be shot injections i just hate being fat and unable to funktion even if it cured my self talk . people can u give me advice on anti psycotics that make u wake up in the mornings without so much effort that u sleep over wake up time. I dont do drugs or drink alcahole and o dont ever want to talk outloud to myself. And i want my son back but still feel like im not worthy anymore because i failed him emotionally he wants to come home so badly i was a good mother but dont want him to be taken away again. And this is what im afraid of if everything works out and i get ill again he gets emotionally traumatized. But i loved my thoughts being able to communicate back its not as lonely and it helped me but then when talking outloud i just wanted to have my own inner thoughts like i used to be and no one replying back to them. This happened to me when i was 40 now im 42 coming off meds without anyone knowing. So im risk taking but how on earth will i regain my son if i cant wake up. They just say shes unable to take care of her son he stays in a foster home. Then two years later im back to normal without meds. And hes still away from me angry because i did get sick and he is where he does not belong or feels at home or feels good.

NWiddi

NWiddi

My voice is pretty bad Nanischa but has given me information in the past before medication took his abilities away.

He told me what my mother was thinking when I asked her to think of a shape and got it right four times in a row and he told me what a friend would be wearing when I went to see her later that day.

What sort of information does yours tell you? I can pretty much explain how they do it.

N

Nanischa

Future events also i was strong empath instantly knew how others were feeling it also told me if people in work was lying and info about next surgery. Exoecially if it was acute i knew before it happened i was working in a surgery hall and if there was a bleed i knew before it was very helpful. So the medications ruined this ability for you. The meds are aweful. But still they helped me stop talking outloud with myself. But i felt more depressed every day on the meds.

N

Nanischa

My voice is pretty bad Nanischa but has given me information in the past before medication took his abilities away.

He told me what my mother was thinking when I asked her to think of a shape and got it right four times in a row and he told me what a friend would be wearing when I went to see her later that day.

What sort of information does yours tell you? I can pretty much explain how they do it.
How are u doing today do u take meds and in what way is it bad ? Whats your story

NWiddi

NWiddi

I'm doing well today thankyou, I take 10mg of Aripiprazole and 4mg of Risperidone for my voice, they lower the volume of his voice and stop him causing me as much pain as he used to.

He still can cause a little pain every now and then and he messes with my face muscles making them twitch, on top of that he never shuts up, always singing, talking, nagging and begging me to talk to him back but I haven't said a word to him for just over two and a half years yet he carries on talking at me, it really is quite exhausting.

I used to talk to him a lot which is how I know so much about him and his kind, sometimes out loud like you used to but now we can just speak in my mind if I wanted to.

He taught me that he's my twin brother that was hiding inside me all my life, two minds sharing the same body and that everyone has one wether they know it or not, he came out to me three years ago. I call them the 'twin within', 'head-mates' (like Siamese twins but we share the same head), the 'hidden people' or a 'passenger mind'.

It's not all bad being a passenger though, they get special abilities to make things better for them, the main ones are being able to read other peoples minds and feelings like you already know and they can leave the body and go anywhere they want, some can learn to take us with them when they leave the body which is where 'out of body' experiences come from.

They can talk to other peoples twins in a way we can't hear so they may be friends with the twins of your friends and co-workers and of course their family. Unfortunately for mine he hasn't had any friends in his entire life and his family are estranged from him so when he decided to talk to me he terrorised me out of hatred for me and my ability to make friends and the love I have from my family, he tells me daily that he hates me which is very sad as all I want is to be his friend and give him a better life than he could have had if he remained hidden to me but he has to learn to behave himself and give me no pain and a little peace and quiet from time to time.

I envy you and your twin, it can be a very rewarding relationship if you take care of each other instead of fighting each other.

N

Nanischa

My face muscle twist also. I quit my meds but if that start to happen again i have to take them. Can you wake up in the morning on your meds or are u sleepy till noon ? Im trying to find a med i can take i need to wake up early in the morning with my son. Acctually i dont know if i ever get my son back. Whaco talking outloud. My son saw me like that.

N

Nanischa

Can u still read people mind even if your taking the meds. Or be empathic.

I feel emotionless on my meds i cant even cry or dream my mind is heavy like in a fog on olanzapine. Can u cry on your meds or even dream ?

NWiddi

NWiddi

I take my 10mg Aripiprazole in the morning and my 4mg Risperidone before bed, I go to sleep around 11pm and wake up around 7am so it doesn't really effect me much, I still dream at night and my twin can't manipulate them any more, before he was giving me nightmares and attacking me in my dreams and waking me up 6 times a night to talk about them he could even get me to have lucid dreams.

Medication will stop yours from reading minds and feelings, also stops them from talking to their own kind and leaving the body, pretty harsh but mine deserves it none of his kind wanted to talk to him anyway.

I'm sure you'll get your son back soon and he'll understand what you've been through at some point.

N

Nanischa

I started hearing and communicating with my own thoughts it could communicate back to me it was like an inner voice and if it was funny i would laugh but i could hide this from others and i was working infront of intensive care and the voice my thought told me before someone passed age and sex so i knew before i felt i had foresight and i got dates and if i was sitting in the coffe atea i knew what people were discussing in other tables it helped me a lot and i loved my new ability after two years of confidence and loving this all i find a drug in my boyfriend bag and i was not angry but when i got to the mirror it was like something inside me was staring at me with great anger .. Then i start to have twitch in the corner of my mouth then babbling to myself outloud and i felt when that happened confusion in my brain. I could not help this and after a big denial of me being mentally ill my son was taken away and i hospitalised and given meds by order of court. And got better on olanzapine but slept late till 1 pm and then after i got from the hospital i got to see my son but the childsupport wanted me to wake up with him once a week for school it was something i knew i could not do so i was on 15 mg of zyprexa went down too 7.5 mg and then stopped cold turkey. Have had insomnia for a week have been off the medication for 2 weeks and my tear duct are beginning to able to tear again. But then im afraid ill have another episode of me talking outloud to myself i did it for 7 months on and off in the day and if they find out im not taking meds i will be shot injections i just hate being fat and unable to funktion even if it cured my self talk . people can u give me advice on anti psycotics that make u wake up in the mornings without so much effort that u sleep over wake up time. I was insomnia for 3 weeks then i got too tired to make it through so i started zyprexa again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Hearing Voices Groups 3
ShadesOfTheRubix Hearing Voices Groups 0