Trialing new antidepressants for PD

B

bluewalls

I have panic disorder. I have not seen a psychiatrist for several months now. I have an appointment for February. I was just wondering, if anyone had any luck feeling better from trying different antidepressants, or perhaps other classes of drugs. I have tried zoloft, lexapro, effexor, seroquel, and klonopin. All of these either didn't help at all or only barely helped a little. Maybe it would be a good idea to try out other drugs to see if anything might work better. Did you have to try multiple drugs to find one that actually helped? Please share. Also, has anyone tried anything other than antidepressants that have helped, such as an anti-epileptic or something?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I don't have this problem myself but I am on a lot of meds to balance me out - bipolar - and had to be put on a cocktail to get there in the end. I would suggest though that you try therapy to get the bottom of why you feel the way you do. Look around for a good therapist and see if that helps more. They often have techiniques to help with such things.

M

Myrmidon

Drugs are no good for panic disorder. They are counterproductive and you won't ever solve what is causing your anxiety. If any of them are making you feel better then by all means keep taking them, but I would recommend you seek cognitive therapy to get to the root of the cause. Despite what all the scams say, it's true that anxiety can actually be overcome relatively quickly (months or weeks depending on the severity of your condition). It all comes down to your commitment to the therapy.