thinking.of quitting work

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I don't want to spend too much cash, but it would be nice to get away for a week. That is why renting an isolated cottage appealed to me.

I could just be a hobbit for a week and potter about. IDK.

Also, I like the idea of staying in an old-fashioned hotel with a large lounge where I can sit and read.

I thought I could smoke a pipe too. IDK. Was considering going to Jersey since never been there, but it could be a magnet for OAPs.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I could do with an old BMW. It's a reliable well-built car and can do high mileage.

The problem is that I don't have a driving license as it is being renewed but stuck at the GP approval phase.

Meh. I need to get my license sorted out.

If I had an old Beemer I could just drive somewhere up north and have some quiet time.

T

Tabby 88

Electric bike or a skooter are they called? Like Andrew Marr had. He's so cute. ;)

Walking holidays
I like your idea. There are some amazing little hotels. I went to one for a night by the river and sat on their seats 2 metres from the water's edge with my wine, watching the swans swim past. Coffee, bedroom, coffee, bedroom, lounge, walking in town. Nice.

fazza

fazza

oh Burt not a B.M.W. Yes they are well built but when they go wrong the parts are so expensive.

I fear a huge headache coming on lol.

I have had so many lemons over my driving career its unbelievable.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i haven't had a holiday for years, last one was with my family were i heard my sister say one night to her husband schitzoprenics do terrible things we need to protect joshua from him, joshuas her kid

psychiatrist said unless he was there in that cottage in northumberland he can't say if i'm hearing voices

black support worker said saying your hearing voices is how you handle it

that was the nearest to a holiday i had, sometimes visit my sister in brum my mothers in a home nearby

i'm not into travelling with social anxiety on public transport just to be alone somewhere else

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
oh Burt not a B.M.W. Yes they are well built but when they go wrong the parts are so expensive.

I fear a huge headache coming on lol.

I have had so many lemons over my driving career its unbelievable.
I always considered them reliable Fazza. I will bear your experience in mind tho.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I am thinking about leaving again. I find it really hard to relax around my boss. He got angry with me a couple of weeks for using my phone at work.

I am not planning to quit without another job tho. But I applied for a job last week, and got another interest today. I am going to talk with the recruiter tomorrow. In my field there is a dearth of candidates so I have a good chance of interview.

Another issue I have is that boss does not give me enough work, but also expects me to be busy all the time. It is stressful.

Also my voices have been bad lately so I am worried the stress is taking it's toll. Maybe a new job might be better for me. I hope so.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I am thinking about leaving again. I find it really hard to relax around my boss. He got angry with me a couple of weeks for using my phone at work.

I am not planning to quit without another job tho. But I applied for a job last week, and got another interest today. I am going to talk with the recruiter tomorrow. In my field there is a dearth of candidates so I have a good chance of interview.

Another issue I have is that boss does not give me enough work, but also expects me to be busy all the time. It is stressful.

Also my voices have been bad lately so I am worried the stress is taking it's toll. Maybe a new job might be better for me. I hope so.
I hope you can get a less stressful job, burt :hug:

if i could afford it i'd give you the job of catsitting Tigger and Willow while I'm at work (not that they need someone there 24/7, Ebony did cause of her health issues, family member kept a eye on her while i was at work) :hug: catsitting Tigger and Willow would be a case of do whatever you feel like doing and give them cuddles when they say they want :D

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I have a meeting with boss on Friday. If he is arsey with me I will care less and less about leaving.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I hope you can get a less stressful job, burt :hug:

if i could afford it i'd give you the job of catsitting Tigger and Willow while I'm at work (not that they need someone there 24/7, Ebony did cause of her health issues, family member kept a eye on her while i was at work) :hug: catsitting Tigger and Willow would be a case of do whatever you feel like doing and give them cuddles when they say they want :D
i dont think catsitting Tigger and Willow would be stressful :D

Mayfair

Mayfair

<snip>

Sorry to hear bad time burt. This bit stood out.

I think this is quite common. In most jobs I've been in too. There is a stupidly illogical answer to this... it's called, always pretending to 'look busy'. It's a bizarre thing, but is just necessary in a lot of workplaces.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Sorry to hear bad time burt. This bit stood out.

I think this is quite common. In most jobs I've been in too. There is a stupidly illogical answer to this... it's called, always pretending to 'look busy'. It's a bizarre thing, but is just necessary in a lot of workplaces.
Yeah I am going to see if I can get some interviews and take it from there. Boss is not in for the next two days, so I can chill a bit.

Boss wants to have power over me, but it stresses me out when there is not enough work to do. Especially in team meetings we have say what we are working on, and it always stresses to think what to say. meh.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Yeah I am going to see if I can get some interviews and take it from there. Boss is not in for the next two days, so I can chill a bit.

Boss wants to have power over me, but it stresses me out when there is not enough work to do. Especially in team meetings we have say what we are working on, and it always stresses to think what to say. meh.
*gives burt's boss a brain transplant to make him nicer to burt* :hug:

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
*gives burt's boss a brain transplant to make him nicer to burt* :hug:
thanks midnight. meh. the job has potential long term, but I am getting interest from recruiters for good jobs, and I can't justify saying no all the time. so hopefully I will get some interviews and see what else is out there.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Boss was nice to me today. He said he is pleased with my work. I feel bad for looking for jobs now. Mind you the home-based job looks really good. If I get an interview for that I will be happy.

I am trying to keep an open mind about my job. Maybe it will be better for my development if I hang on a little while longer.

L

linus

I don’t have any serious mental illness, I was also pretty successful in my career and I still have thoughts on a monthly basis that my boss will trigger a “fight” and I’ll have to split..