Things aren't improving and i'm sinking deeper and deeper

bruisedtorso

bruisedtorso

Hey all,
I need people to give me ideas on how i can distract myself from my depressive and suicidal thoughts. My brain will not stop reminding me about some past trauma, and i don't want to suffer anymore. Any advice is welcome. I don't want to die but i don't want to feel this pain for the rest of my life.

Thank you.

L

LouiseMN

Hey all,
I need people to give me ideas on how i can distract myself from my depressive and suicidal thoughts. My brain will not stop reminding me about some past trauma, and i don't want to suffer anymore. Any advice is welcome. I don't want to die but i don't want to feel this pain for the rest of my life.

Thank you.
I know the feeling. Do you live in MN? You could add vanin fever, will spring ever come to the list.
Don't give up. One morning you will wake up and feel better. Meanwhile I hope you have a psychiatrist appointment coming up soon. You are probably not in the frame of mind to make s therapist appointment right now but I have been well for almost 3 weeks now and I am proud of myself for making my first ever therapist appointment. It gives me hope. I can't have another year like this one, feeling just like you most of the time since last spring.
Also I have been reading Feeling Good A New Mood Therapy. My first self help book. It is about CBT and it also gives me hope.

L

LouiseMN

I know the feeling. Do you live in MN? You could add vanin fever, will spring ever come to the list.
Don't give up. One morning you will wake up and feel better. Meanwhile I hope you have a psychiatrist appointment coming up soon. You are probably not in the frame of mind to make s therapist appointment right now but I have been well for almost 3 weeks now and I am proud of myself for making my first ever therapist appointment. It gives me hope. I can't have another year like this one, feeling just like you most of the time since last spring.
Also I have been reading Feeling Good A New Mood Therapy. My first self help book. It is about CBT and it also gives me hope.
P.s. what popped me out 3 weeks ago was a Caribbean cruise! That'll do it.

bruisedtorso

bruisedtorso

I am waiting to hear back from a referral to see a psychiatrist, but the waiting is so hard. I'm trying so hard to stay here.

Victorianna

Victorianna

Would it help to talk? I’m here for awhile, you don’t have to be specific about anything, or you can message me if you want (the letter icon at the top of the page).
If you have a smartphone, check to see if there’s an app called Youper. I downloaded it last night (iPhone) and it’s a mental health interactive site that’s really helpful and distracting. It’s free.

bruisedtorso

bruisedtorso

Would it help to talk? I’m here for awhile, you don’t have to be specific about anything, or you can message me if you want (the letter icon at the top of the page).
If you have a smartphone, check to see if there’s an app called Youper. I downloaded it last night (iPhone) and it’s a mental health interactive site that’s really helpful and distracting. It’s free.
If you don't mind, yeah! I'll drop you a message now. And i'm going to search for that now, thank you!

L

LouiseMN

I am waiting to hear back from a referral to see a psychiatrist, but the waiting is so hard. I'm trying so hard to stay here.
Don't hove up! I have those thoughts all the time when depressed. Just think of your loved ones. It is distorted thinking, not reality (this from my book).

bubbly_gorl

bubbly_gorl

Hey! If you want to talk I’m here. 😊 I understand the feeling, nothing personal has to be said I’m just here to talk.

M

Marie07

Hey all,

Thank you.
Honestly. I don't think it ever goes away. Pain the pain from trama, however, I tell my pain I'm not interested in you today. That helps me not to focus on it when it's demon face shows itself in my head. Then I praise myself for my accomplishments. If it's even the smallest step, maybe an hour or half a day that I was able to ignore it and push the pain aside. It comes back but I'm praying I can beat it. One day at a time, I guess.
Try it. Might work. Smiles.