The more i pray the worse the voices become

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

maybe get a different form of help i am not a person with preys i dont think it does anything but i understand thats your choice

E

ernesto3

I find it very surprising that people on a mental health forum can be theists; would a good god make us suffer like this?
Suffering is caused by humans. That’s why God gives us the will to choose between the good and the bad, and other people’s bad choices can also affect the goodwill of others. Besides, all of this suffering is trivial compared to what comes after.

I personally believe this happened to me because of previous bad decisions & lack of self-care. It was a blessing in disguise.

J

John Legion

Along with negative voices which I ignore, since last year I am fortunate to experience a positive voice not often but now and again. This morning it said '' Rod and Staff ''. From experience, I always know they mean something and end up having to look them up. I believe it refers to Psalm 23 from the bible.

''Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me''

Apparently the first surah of the Quran, Al-Fatiha is similar.

I'm easy for people to think my experience delusional, I just thought I would share it and the verses alone may be of benefit to some.

W

wisdomfromwarrior

Maybe it's someone loving you with good intention on you and you receive her telepathically and translate it somehow into a voice that help you.

I believe voice hearer are connected both to energy surrounding them and also invisible plans and that's a bit messed in everyone and a bit of a mess to transcode or something.

For instance I got a PhD in computer science, the most beautiful womens have made me proposition during my 16-22yo.
When I heard voice they would call me a shit and the worst stupid bastard earth had testified on existing. I would have believe them for 10years and would have lost any self-confidency and trust of self. So yeah, one can get crushed badly up to death and I think even above death. Becoming some kind of spiritual's layer slave. At some point I recall them calling on God's love while asking everyone in a spiritual room (or something like this, spiritual TV show) if I was even worth to be buyed and if someone would have had wanted a "shit like it". So yeah, it's pretty obvious it's perverse.
Meanwhile I do hear positive voice talking out of love and helping hand / friends. Be very carefull with everything guys, we need to pay cautious or we will get crushed instead of handling it and i know i can be very subtil.

J

John Legion

Hi Wisdomfromwarrior, glad you sound well,

I believe it is God that occasionally speaks to me and is the only reason I came to this forum but I have found it difficult opening up and expressing what I have found not wanting to offend people. I believe hearing voices is a spiritual journey and have had 30 years of negative and indifferent comments and, having no clue where they were coming from, assumed like most others it was telepathy. It was like a prison sentence and I had done nothing wrong. I was then treated to an epiphany and my life before and voices started to make sense. The voices have always been supernatural to me, I have never been able to accept they come from the self. I know brain chemistry/physiology is different in people that experience voices, I just see that as a conduit that spirits use so they can be received. I too have a PhD in science. Good luck for the future.

J

John Legion

Hi People,

I know this sounds insane but I have found out what this voice God/Allah wants and I believe some of you know as well. I'm not sure it is even possible. I am not delusional about this nor want the responsibilty but if you're willing to help me just to get a spark going

arrrstin

arrrstin

First, addressing the OP: A major factor in hearing voices are stressors. To relieve stress you should not try harder, pray harder, etc. You should relax and let go. There was a priest at my university that noticed people were trying to pray so hard. He decided to go around telling people, (I'm paraphrasing:) instead of clenching your hands, tightening your eyes, and praying so hard you should relax and only then will you feel the holy spirit enter your body.

What atheists believe is that there is no "devil", or whatever, yet they understand that there are good and bad. One person might not believe in karma but does believe that living a life of being a good person makes you a good person. One of the most ancient beliefs is God and around it is good vs bad. We all understand these concepts and do not need to believe in a religion to understand it, yet we see those that want to believe in a God as if they are completely wrong just because we cannot scientifically prove God exists. Having morals such as do not steal, abuse, kill, etc. are all wrong and having compassion is right. We are social beings, therefore these are obvious to everyone in a different light. The Bible, the teaching of Buddha, etc. alone can help even the wicked understand how, through the power of thought, can feel something greater than they have ever felt.

Attacking someone's belief is the worst way of arguing a point. It only causes the other person to "dig-in" and actually causes each person to emotionally reinforce their beliefs much stronger. I used to love having scholarly arguments with my peers at my university were each person is detached from emotion and prepared to accept where they are wrong. This type of argument is the cornerstone of modern science.

J

John Legion

Regarding my last post, I accept that it is impossible to do what my voice wanted, nevermind.

arrrstin

arrrstin

John, you should start a new thread instead of "hijacking" this person's thread.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I can barely pray now but the voices are still intense

W

wisdomfromwarrior

The Allah/God voice wants us to knows. We need to pay a tribute before being able to continue, we cannot do what He wants us to but we can move on and go ahead with others God-banished being as an unity and a cohesion group, a collective. That's it John!

W

wisdomfromwarrior

One cannot live with the Father but need to get damned to go free and there is a little price for the eternal gift.