The act of crying

Heidrun

Heidrun

hello, so since a half a year or so I have tried putting myself into the deepest of deep. Although I get real fucked up it seems like I don't have the ability to cry. But I think it would be a good thing weirdly enough..
The only thing that happens when I drive myself into a state of 'depression' [driving, depressive music and thinking about past etc], I get some tears and feel shit inside. But the act of a total outburst in crying just doesn't happen and it's like something inside me doesn't want to do it.

Vague and all but maybe there are people that experience the same. I find it so weird since there is so much fucked up things I should be crying about...

V

Veeidk

Hi there, i'm sorry to hear that you are struggling, but at least you are trying to pull yourself out of it.
I came to realise that at same point i stopped crying too. I used to cry almost everyday and it felt good to be honest but now i know what it feels like to miss a good cry . I feel like some people just become a bit numb when they are in a low.
Have you tried watching a touching a movie instead of listening to depressive music? I could give you my go to's! :p

Heidrun

Heidrun

Hi there, i'm sorry to hear that you are struggling, but at least you are trying to pull yourself out of it.
I came to realise that at same point i stopped crying too. I used to cry almost everyday and it felt good to be honest but now i know what it feels like to miss a good cry . I feel like some people just become a bit numb when they are in a low.
Have you tried watching a touching a movie instead of listening to depressive music? I could give you my go to's! :p
Hi! Thanks for thinking with me here, gotta say movies is the last thing I would go to. Never cried in my entire life from a movie... Have to say here that the last time I've cried is years and years back (like 6-7 years), when I was a teenager. Numb would probably be a good way to describe it indeed.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I haven’t cried for about 2 years almost. I am a very sensitive person and used to get effected even by a beautiful voice or a nice tone of music. I used to tell my kids a story and I feel deep emotions that make my tears run.

I am concerned about not crying as well. It could be my medication but I’ve only been on it for 7 months. I remember feeling good after a good cry. Or maybe it’s a drought season? 🙂

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi heidrun can I ask are you on medication . The reason I ask is because when I was on a mood stabiliser it worked so well that I had no emotion. I didn’t laugh or cry. I think as humans we needs to cry it’s a release for us

Heidrun

Heidrun

Hi heidrun can I ask are you on medication . The reason I ask is because when I was on a mood stabiliser it worked so well that I had no emotion. I didn’t laugh or cry. I think as humans we needs to cry it’s a release for us
No I am not on any medication at all. Although I can say I never have dealt with my emotions and so they were always on the background. Maybe that has something to do with it. The fact that “something” inside me refuses to let some emotions out or something... Idk, still figuring. Thanks for your answer

C

Confusedandanxious

I really struggle to cry. Things got bad last week and I wanted to cry. Lump in my throat and everything, but it was like my body was blocking it. Each time the lump in the throat came, my body would go for a deep breath and I'd focus myself back to calmness. It was crazy, I didnt feel I had control over it. I'd of quite welcomed the cry, but my mind says no.

If I watch a movie where something happens to an animal then I will cry. Sometimes I will cry far longer than needed and I think it's a case of the flood gates being opened and I unleash it all.
I avoid those kinds of movies now.