Still in the Hospital

M

mcrome

I’m still in the hospital for an eating disorder and I’m really frustrated at this point. I’m eating what they give me and everything is fine except for my abnormally high heartrate. I have the urge to go back to restricting when I get home. I just really hope they let me go soon. I’m wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with eating disorders. I’m feeling lonely and feel like I need some emotional support.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Is there anybody at the hospital who you feel you can turn to for emotional support?
It may not be the 'professionals', it could be another patient that you talk to?

I'm sorry I don't have much useful advice because i've never experienced issues with restricting food, but wanted to reply because you said you were feeling lonely and wanted you to know someone is here.

cmjanuc

cmjanuc

Hi. You don’t know me. But I went through the same thing. I was in a clinic for 8 weeks so I understand your frustration. I’ve been struggling since I was 6. I understand your feelings and even your urges are valid. Anyone struggling with an ED will always have to fight those urges. But you are so strong for coming this far. I’m always here for support, I’m sort of a mother type person I always wanna make sure people are okay. I’m proud of you for opening up, sometimes it’s not easy to do. If you ever need help send me a message, I can surely help. Best of luck <3

M

mcrome

I've been out of the hospital now for a few days, and I'm depressed but I'm doing OK in general. One of the things that keeps going around in my mind is that I wish I had never told my parents about my eating disorder, so I could continue to restrict and become underweight. I know this is an unhealthy form of regret, but I keep obsessing over it and I need help with it.

S

sabrinaa_lee

Everything will be okay. Everyone says it and I know it's hard to believe, but you'll be alright. I struggled with an eating disorder as well and I know it's hell to recover, but now I'm much happier and I enjoy food. When I was recovering, I hated everyone who made me eat, but my biggest advice is to just get it over with. A malnourished brain just feeds your eating disorder, and for me and many other people I know, once I was at a healthier weight, I was able to be more aware of what was real and what was clouded by my ed. Trust those who love you, because even though it's hard to believe, they know what's best for you. You've got this, and you can always lean on others for support.