Shutting out family after trauma

J

Jayxobeexo

I was in a very bad domestic violence relationship where I was almost killed. My son and I moved in to live with family.... Unfortunately this situation was not much better. I had to move in with my bipolar narcissistic grandmother. She was really mentally abusive and made me feel very uneasy. She was constantly playing head games and doing things that were effecting my emotional well being. She was very intrusive and nosey. Going through my room, mail, and anything of mine. She made many lies and some being about family. I cut her out and my entire family out. No reason, no cause, no explanation for my other family. I did this because of things she said.... (that most likely were not true) and because of how violated and hurt I felt by her. I wanted nothing to do with her what so ever. I guess what made sense in my head at the time was cutting the entire family out. After going through therapy for the last 11 months I felt ready to reach out to one of my cousins. I was not met with such a nice reply and I am very hurt. I understand why he was upset but I just wish he would listen as to why I did what I did. Has anyone else went through this. I have PTSD, ADD, and anxiety.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say I am sorry you have been through so much with people who should have loved cared for and respected you x
I hope you find the forum useful
we are very friendly and I hope you get the support you need here
love Lu xxxxx

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum,
I'm so sorry things have been so difficult for you.
Hope you heal very soon.
You did the right thing cutting your family out, you did it to protect yourself.
Hope there might be a domestic violence charity near by, that could help you.
The ptsd sub-section is available.
The journals section might be helpful to.
Chill-out is quite busy, might cheer you up at times.
Good luck in your journey.