Severe health anxiety

D

Damion99

Hello I’m a 19 year old male and lately I’ve been letting my anxiety get the best of me I have spent countless hours on google just researching dieases I could possibly have and always think the worst...I’m reaching out for some ways to try to cope/stop the worrying. Any advice will help thanks. The picture is my screen time this last week and the safari is the app I use to surf the web just to show I’m not just looking for attention 👍 50479A0A-9CA7-4777-9CD5-64683A128625.png

D

Damion99

Note I never use safari unless it’s a quick google here and there. And I’ve had never been diagnosed with anxiety but I have always been unconventionally anxious and never seek help because it’s scary to do that for me

L

Loveandkindness

Hi, I understand why its scary its hard to admit that a part of you is broken almost (you aren't broken but I know for me it feels that way). Sometimes admitting it can make things worse as well, therapy stresses the routine, medication causes side effects. Bottling it up may seem better in the short term, but honestly it is so much better for it all to be out there. #

Googling is deadly, someone on a forum once said that minor problems aren't on google because A) none cares about them so are less likely to want to know the symptoms
B) minor injuries and problems can be cured very easily

S

Sean96

Hi Damion, I can relate to your situation when I was a similar age to yourself, I am 22 now and find myself having panic attacks/anxiety again, however I used to sit on google for hours on end researching and researching and getting myself into some states, at first I didn’t tell anybody and just thought I could deal with it on my own but I can assure you the best thing to do is speak to somebody, shortly after speaking to someone I got CBT help and never suffered a panic attack for around 3 years but unfortunately they seem to be back so I will be looking to do the same again. Hope this helps

G

gam9147

Hi Damion, firstly I think everyone believes you here, no proof required :) Welcome and I'm sorry to hear your experiencing health anxiety, as so many of us (me included) are.

I will echo that you should seek some assistance. Anxiety disorders are really a a medical condition that require treatment. Medications, and cognitive behavioral therapy are the best places to start. The quick and easy thing to say is always don't google, but I know thats difficult, and it takes a while of working on it first.

Try to stay in the moment, only concern yourself with what is right now not what you might have later, and know that your body is an amazing healing system and even if you have something you can get better but either way you'll need to work on the anxiety which can cause all kinds of symptoms completely by itself.

O

ohioeddie

I feel your pain buddy. I spend hours on Google myself and it just causes symptoms. I deal with chest pain and shortness of breath constantly. I just started on CBD and hemp oil and it really seems to be helping. To early to tell really. If you ever need someone to talk to, I got your back bro. Just shoot me a message. I know how you feel. I too have health anxiety. Mine revolves around my heart. I'm constantly worried I am about to have a heart attack or some type of heart problem like heart failure.

All of my tests come back fine but i really believe that the doctors are missing something but I'm trying to work on that. Best wishes