Schizophrenia and noisy neighbours

R

Rebeca1

I suffer from various mental health problems including delusions and depression, and I have a very noisy female neighbour next to me who doesn't work and likes to be in all the time. I want to move, but it's very difficult for me to motivate myself. She was suppose to be in temporary accommodation but she has been next to me for over 3 years by herself in a 2 bedroom house. I'm living in Newham in London, and when I talk to the council about my plight they simply don't want to know. It's very difficult for me, and not surprisingly it's making my condition a lot worse. She is always listening to loud music and I can hear it in every part of my house.
Has anyone got any suggestions because it's difficult for me to know what to do other than to go out as much as possible and try to motivate myself to move.
I've been going through hell, I would be much better and weller if she would quieten down. Yes I have talked to her and asked her to quieten things down, and she calls me a bully for that reason. :curseyou:
I once had this problem so I went to the citizens advice and they got on to the environmental health, the council later sound proofed my flat but I moved out anyway.

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

I did find Homeswapper quite intimidating at times, some people were offering me money for swapping and I was getting replies nearly every day, and that was mainly because I was swapping a house for a flat. Some people were putting me under a lot of pressure to move.
I don't have to pay the bedroom tax anymore.

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

I once had this problem so I went to the citizens advice and they got on to the environmental health, the council later sound proofed my flat but I moved out anyway.
You are very lucky, I went to the Environmental Health and they were worse than useless,- the girl next door was playing her music at 11.30 at night, after an hour they came around to listen. They listened to the music for about 10 minutes, then knocked on my neighbours door and my neighbour spent the whole time speaking to them, they didn't seem to be saying a word to her. The next week, after I phoned them, the council reported back that they hadn't heard anything that time they visited my house. :mad: I was so upset. My councillor sent the Environmental health letters and they refused to reply to one of them.

J

jed

That is right.Give her a taste of her own medicine.My neighbour slammed every door she went through.I stayed up all night slamming doors and it stopped her like magic.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
theres a game we used to play as kids with intercoms pressing 2 at the same time and having them answer and cross talk, kids did it to me and my mentally ill neighbour in one house, she decided i was ringing her bell and decided to reataliate by ringing my bell at night, it could have escalated from there if i'd retaliated