C

Cielo

I have been on Escitalopram 20mg,Pregalbin 150mg,Clonazepam drops(3 drops at night) and Mitrazapine 30mg.I was feeling better for 6 months.from past few weeks I could see my old symptoms reoccurring. My doctor tried to Diluxotine 20mg ,Flueoxtine though nothing was suited for me. I am facing Sleep and anxiety issues again(was unnecesralu upset in office today and complete day got worse) ..Please advise me with your experiences/suggestions. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Cielo and welcome to the forum.

I don’t know what else you suffer from but don’t you think that’s too many medications?

Have you hard about a Medication DNA Test that will provide you and your doctor with a guideline on which medications might work for you? It can also detect which medications might have side effects and/or allergic reaction.

I am on Escitalopram 30 mg a day. I was on 10 mg but after 2 weeks it stopped working. I went up to 20 then 25 and finally found the right dose at 30 mg. I feel very good and all my symptoms have disappeared.

I recommend you ask your doctor for the test first. Then those meds you are taking might be interacting with each other.

I hope you feel better soon and good luck to you.

C

Cielo

Thank you for your prompt response.Yes I agree the medication is too much which I ma taking.though needlessly and based o my doctor opinion I am taking them.my strong will is to reduce them though not sure which one to reduce and increase.I am going to meet my doctor again.Meanwhile Could someone help me with some more suggestions.my main issues are Anxiety at work and Sleep .I have tried using passion flower drops though it didn't worked much.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again!

jackolantern

jackolantern

Promethazine HC is good for sleep, ask you doctor if you can try this medication.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Thank you for your prompt response.Yes I agree the medication is too much which I ma taking.though needlessly and based o my doctor opinion I am taking them.my strong will is to reduce them though not sure which one to reduce and increase.I am going to meet my doctor again.Meanwhile Could someone help me with some more suggestions.my main issues are Anxiety at work and Sleep .I have tried using passion flower drops though it didn't worked much.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again!
You are very welcome.

This may sound strange, psychiatrist can never be 100% sure if your condition and what medication is best for you. It’s guess work that they do.

You might want to get diagnosed again and try another doctor. I am sure you will be told something else and prescribed totally different medications.

C

Cielo

Yes, I completely agree with you, they will do kind of experiments till patient get the result that is the reason I feel tiresome to visit Doctor.sometimes he will just increase/decrease half pill and that would be complete consultation. I am trying to find a better way to get rid of this.I have started visiting a Psychologist for CBT therapy somehow not able to concentrate fully the instructions advised. What I feel is Sleep is the main culprit which causing day time anxiety and other issues.

I have some issue like feeling envy/hatred not sure the reason. without reason, I suddenly develop some hate on people and start feeling anxious myself. think that they are ignoring me or some silly reason..sometimes on my wife and daughter..this is the bad habit I want to come out of and lead a happy life.

C

Cielo

Promethazine HC is good for sleep, ask you doctor if you can try this medication.
I have severe Insomnia.would it is appropriate for me, gone through an article and said it is for mild sleep issue and it is an OTC product. Please advise me

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Yes, I completely agree with you, they will do kind of experiments till patient get the result that is the reason I feel tiresome to visit Doctor.sometimes he will just increase/decrease half pill and that would be complete consultation. I am trying to find a better way to get rid of this.I have started visiting a Psychologist for CBT therapy somehow not able to concentrate fully the instructions advised. What I feel is Sleep is the main culprit which causing day time anxiety and other issues.

I have some issue like feeling envy/hatred not sure the reason. without reason, I suddenly develop some hate on people and start feeling anxious myself. think that they are ignoring me or some silly reason..sometimes on my wife and daughter..this is the bad habit I want to come out of and lead a happy life.
I know how you feel and can relate. I suffered from severe insomnia a while back. The culprit is anxiety in many cases. That was the case with me.

Being on 30 mg of Mirtazapine should’ve taken care of your insomnia and anxiety all together. If it’s not working, I don’t understand why your doctor is prescribing it to you still?.. that a very strong med for insomnia.

Insomnia and anxiety feed into each other. Which one do you see yourself bothered by the most??? If you figure this out, it makes your treatment much easier.

After my anxiety was under control with the help of Escitalopram, my sleeping improved and no more insomnia.

There’s another solution but you have to be very careful not to get addicted. You can try Valium (Diazepam). It works for both anxiety and insomnia. It is a tranquilizer and very addictive if taken every day for more than 2 weeks. It’s a fast acting medicine. It will kick in within 15-20 minutes but you can’t drive afterwards. I tried it few times until Escitalopram started to work then I stopped completely. I have it in the fridge for an emergency.

I wish I can be more of a help.

Good luck to you.

C

Cielo

I know how you feel and can relate. I suffered from severe insomnia a while back. The culprit is anxiety in many cases. That was the case with me.

Being on 30 mg of Mirtazapine should’ve taken care of your insomnia and anxiety all together. If it’s not working, I don’t understand why your doctor is prescribing it to you still?.. that a very strong med for insomnia.

Insomnia and anxiety feed into each other. Which one do you see yourself bothered by the most??? If you figure this out, it makes your treatment much easier.

After my anxiety was under control with the help of Escitalopram, my sleeping improved and no more insomnia.

There’s another solution but you have to be very careful not to get addicted. You can try Valium (Diazepam). It works for both anxiety and insomnia. It is a tranquilizer and very addictive if taken every day for more than 2 weeks. It’s a fast acting medicine. It will kick in within 15-20 minutes but you can’t drive afterwards. I tried it few times until Escitalopram started to work then I stopped completely. I have it in the fridge for an emergency.

I wish I can be more of a help.

Good luck to you.
Thank you very much for your supporting response. My doctor was increased my Mitrazapine dose to 60mg in sometime and that lead to eating disorder I was taking carbs like anything. So I my self reduced it to 30mg still eating disorder is there but not that severe.the plan was to completely come out of Clonazepam to alternative that my doc suggested Mitrazapine. When I gradually stop Clonaqzepam it led to some issues. So I am taking 2-3 drops a day...I am in a dilemma whether to continue same doctor or look for someone else..issue is if I go to someone else I have to begin the story all over again..Anticipating your precious suggestions please.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Thank you very much for your supporting response. My doctor was increased my Mitrazapine dose to 60mg in sometime and that lead to eating disorder I was taking carbs like anything. So I my self reduced it to 30mg still eating disorder is there but not that severe.the plan was to completely come out of Clonazepam to alternative that my doc suggested Mitrazapine. When I gradually stop Clonaqzepam it led to some issues. So I am taking 2-3 drops a day...I am in a dilemma whether to continue same doctor or look for someone else..issue is if I go to someone else I have to begin the story all over again..Anticipating your precious suggestions please.
If you decide to see another doctor, you don’t have to start all over again. The new doctor can pick up where the other one left. It’s a regular practice as doctors know that these meds can’t be stopped completely all of a sudden.

Another thing to do is to get a month worth of your prescription just in case the other doctor wants to start you from scratch.

As for over eating or increased appetite with Mirtazapine, to be honest, I will take and accept anything over the horrible feelings and symptoms of anxiety and insomnia.

If it was helping at 60 mg, I would’ve continued until I improve the I can retract slowly.

If you believe your anxiety is overwhelming and out of control, then try diazepam for a week. By the way, some people have been taking diazepam for 20-30 years. I am not suggesting you do that but you can evaluate your situation and see if it is necessary if you have no other choice.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I should have mentioned this at the beginning. I am only sharing what I know and feel through my experience with mental health issues. I am not a doctor nor a professional in anyway. 🙂

C

Cielo

Yes I comprehend the statement.all the suggestions are to educate and these are not for alternative.I am even trying to understand and take better decision when I see the doctor .Thank you

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I also forgot to say please don’t depend on medications only. Change your daily routine and exercise regularly. The benefits of exercise for our brain health is underestimated. Exercise can improve and regulate your sleep as well. Find things to occupy yourself with. If you don’t do that, you will concentrate on yourself and your thoughts and that can make things worse.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Safety Warning

Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications.

In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

C

Cielo

I also forgot to say please don’t depend on medications only. Change your daily routine and exercise regularly. The benefits of exercise for our brain health is underestimated. Exercise can improve and regulate your sleep as well. Find things to occupy yourself with. If you don’t do that, you will concentrate on yourself and your thoughts and that can make things worse.
Yes I agree ..there is lack of motivation..Could you help me with some suggestion how could I focus on this area Thank you

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Yes I agree ..there is lack of motivation..Could you help me with some suggestion how could I focus on this area Thank you
There’s really no way except forcing yourself. Keep in mind that you are doing it for a good cause and that’s to have a healthy mind to enjoy your life again.

Do you have friends or family members that you enjoy their company? Ask them to come along. I always ask my 14 year old son to join me because I enjoy his company.

Keep a positive mindset and attitude. Talk to yourself and be optimistic about your health. Convince yourself that you enjoyed your life before and you can enjoy it again. Keep your family in mind. You can do it for your family.

You don’t have to go to the gym. You can just go for 10 minutes run then increase that time as you feel better. You can go on bike rides.

Before you go out, watch something that motivate you. Watch comedy and laughter and smile 🙂. Trust me, it does wonders.

I wake up every morning acting like a child playing and joking with my kids and wife. I turn the whole house into chaos☺️.

If I don’t do that, I feel I am missing something.

Eat healthy and stay away from caffeine.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

If you can’t sleep because your mind and thoughts are racing, listen to relaxing soft music or listen to e-books. There are many videos on YouTube where the narrator guides you through a story or a journey and they will instruct you to do certain exercises and breathing techniques. It did help me to feel asleep or at least distract me from focusing on my fears.

C

Cielo

Thank you for all your responses. I have done with my new doctor appointment. He added Abilify 10mg and idea is to decrease Mitrazapine gradually..What to expect from Abilify? request your suggestions. Thank you

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Abilify has lots of positive reviews by people who take it beside other medications.

Most likely it will work as a mood booster. Both Abilify and Escitalopram are good for treating anxiety and depression.

10-days to 2 weeks should be enough to notice a difference and improvements in your symptoms.

Give it time to work.

I hope you feel better soon.