Quetiapine

G

Girl interupted

So interesting.

My doc recently upped my dose from 25mgs to 50mgs, and I was terrified to do it because even a quarter of the 25mgs would knock me out or make me foggy headed the entire next day.

When she upped it from a quarter to 25mgs I was like a zombie.

So I was skeptical about trying 50mgs so tried it over the weekend.

Wow, so bizarre, but I feel better on the higher dose and even more odd, no fog at all.

Anyone else experience this with this drug? It logically doesn’t make sense.

tatianarose2244

tatianarose2244

Mmm I am not a psychiatrist but maybe your body is getting use to the drug, so you don't feel the side effects as strongly. But this is just a supposition

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Like most drugs the longer youtake them the more your body gets used to them . I was on 600mg but it made me lose all emotion . Which I suppose I needed at the time

G

Girl interupted

Yes I can understand tolerance and increases, and I think you may be right. But I went back down to 25mgs and the fog came back.

It’s like 25mgs = fog, but double the dose does not. Bizarre.

It is likely just my body’s chemistry, but it objectively is odd. Just wondered if anyone else experienced similar.

S

so sad

Hi

I take 100mg at night and that helps me sleep. Apparently, the lower the dose, the more drowsy it makes you, the higher dose doesn't - very odd but I have found that to be the case
x