phobia related to eyes

S

severus snape

Hi
I am afraid of looking at someones eyes even into mine deeply. I can't see if someone uses eye drops and make use of them on my own. I feel anxious and sort of giddiness. I have eyesight an wear glasses but unable to use contact lenses due to fear. I have never met with an accident or never saw them.
I don't understand what might be the reason for this thing to happen.
If someone knows the reason and solution please kindly help me. :low:

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. I am sorry you are having this problem, it must be so distressing. I haven't any experience of this myself. I think anyone touching eyes is a natural fear for many of us, but not looking in others' eyes. I can only suggest you try to find some therapy to get to the root of this anxiety and see if there is something that triggered it.

E

EstherRose94

My bf gets weirded out when I put my contact lenses in. I think that part, like being squeamish is totally natural because we have an instinct to protect our eyes and thinking about touching them naturally freaks us out. Doesn’t bother me because I’m used to my lenses and they don’t hurt at all. But like I’m kinda squeamish with blood and other people aren’t. That’s similar right? The part about being nervous to look someone in the eye sounds more difficult because that “trigger” exists everywhere. At first I thought you meant because it’s like too emotionally stimulating to look someone in the eye. But do you mean because you’re like imagining some sort of harm coming to the eye/ the same squeamish thing? Makes sense how that feeling would develop but you can definitely work with a professional to retrain your brain not to associate all eyes with that feeling.

K

Kittylove

Hello, I wanted to say that I know how you you feel. I can't watch someone put contacts in or do eye makeup. I believe my fear started from a gross scene I saw in a movie in once. Hope you're okay!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Phobia Forum 1
sirenserenade Phobia Forum 1
J Phobia Forum 5
S Phobia Forum 11
S Phobia Forum 2