Personality Switches without Names? (PTSD)

E

ElizaThornberry

Whenever someone does something that reminds of ways I’ve been treated in the past, I get “triggered” and this “other side of me” takes over.

I would say this side is nothing like myself but, I barely know who “I” really am. I just have all these “sides” and while they don’t have names they definitely are like opposing personas and, very different from each other, distinctly.

I spend so much time in these personas, that when I do come out of it, I’m just lost as to why... I was that way for a week and then, the next week I’m not anymore. I just, don’t really understand why I’m like this or how to make it stop.

I thought that I could *will* it to stop, by choosing an identity and just sticking that, but that doesn’t work. My sense of identity is completely shattered and then I feel an emptiness in the “core” identity that is suppose to be like me the host. My therapist suggested that I lost touch with who I was before trauma and wants me to reconnect with it but I told her, “there is nothing there.”

But yeah the personas just don’t have names and I dont understand why I become them or how to make it stop. When I’m in that mode I’m happy being that way or I think I have my reasons for being that way, but then when I come out of it I’m confused why I can’t be that way anymore? And I was certain that was me now, I’m always certain every time, and then, the certainty always fades.

And so I just transition like, week to week, into different personalities. I feel like it’s a way of not confronting reality or avoiding it somehow, the things about it that I don’t know how to handle.

I thought I could control it but the reality is I can’t so I’m considering opening up to a professional about it.

My question is, is it possible to “switch” into alternates but they just don’t have their own names?

E

ElizaThornberry

I also do feel that they are present at all times at warring with each other in the back of my mind. I have all these sides arguing with each other... I don’t hear physical voices but I just know their thoughts.

E

ElizaThornberry

Found a helpful video. The disorder I”m talking about may be another type of dissociative disorder, not DID. Such as OSDD-1b.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi there.Are you working with a professional.oh wait,you said you were.

I'm sure your therapist can assure you that not everyone with DID has alters that have names.IDK why everyone seems to think that's true.

While I'm not a professional or anything,since you seem to know you are switching into other personalities it doesn't really sound like DID.But then again,it would depend on how much co-consciousness you have,so I will leave that to the professionals to tell you.

I hope your therapist can help you with all of this.

Not_here

Not_here

Do you know these events? Are you running from them?

I think im running... run run.. but from what?

Un-repressing memories could help? I dont know..

Scientists are playing with LSD at the moment, hopefully they'll help us.

Sorry, im not helping am i.....