People can hear my thoughts

C

Con31

I struggled with this issue also regarding my son, all the medical staff insisted that I won’t engage in discuss his delusional ideas. After reading a lot online and on this forum, I came to some important conclusions:
1. If you deny somebody delusional ideas you become an “enemy”, because everything is emotional, so instead of being able to support that person, they will reject you
2. If you pursue those ideas, you make that person more entangled with them
3. It’s best just to listen and talk about how does he feel when those thoughts come into mind so you can show empathy
So the nurse couldn’t come with anything clear back because she could make things more complicated.
I guess you will never get rid of some thoughts, but I also think it’s your choice (once you get some insight about how the brain can trick you) to not give too much importance to them.
Yes you are right 100%. The people I felt could read my thoughts it seemed like some were trying to help me/control my life which I did not like at all. The thoughts will always be in the back of my mind but they are no where near as bad. It took like 7 or 8 tries on different meds to find the right one. Olanzapine worked but it is the worst for weight gain. I am now on abilify. Even if you refuse to believe these thoughts aren’t real the right medication will help you cope with it. How is your son coping with it Linus?

L

linus

Well, he doesn’t talk to us about his thoughts anymore, now I don’t know if he is afraid or is him being naive (he is still a teenager) and trying to avoid some reactions from us. I am not worried about the delusions anymore, I think he is on the right track with being more connected to the reality, so it seems he doesn’t have any negative symptoms, he can watch long movies, he plays some challenging games on the computer, he seems way better. My hope is that with a safe and loving environment maybe in 1-2 years he will have these thoughts put back in his mind that it won’t matter and with the help of a therapist he will be able to manage any possible relapse by himself. Thank you for asking! Beside these thoughts do you have any unpleasant symptoms?

L

linus

Btw, once you are stable with the new medication, I would try to find the lowest possible dosage that gives you control. With my son the pmed insisted even reducing his dosage when he was still highly delusional! Now he is only getting 1,25mg risperidone per day and this stopped the weight increase.

O

OCDguy

Could it be that he has stopped divulging due to feeling self concious?

L

linus

It could be. We rely heavily on his therapist that acts like a compass for all of us, we get a weekly feedback so we know what we can do or can’t do..

O

OCDguy

Personally looking back at my childhood another way to gauge his progress is monitoring how active he is in family life/discussions? He really shouldn't be spending large amounts of time on his own (I'm not saying he is). If he seems to be in his own little world, get him involved through encouragement and inspiration. This in turn will open his mind and thoughts outward rather than inward. If he is able to widen his social circle this should also reap benefits, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Always work with his therapist (I know you do) and as a family reap the rewards :)

L

linus

We just found out that he is also Asperger.. so this in a way made us understand better some things about him (like his social “inability”), but now it’s hard to deal with all of them on the table. He came back a bit to his old self and that means a lot of time spent on the computer with games and programming and mimimum interaction with us if needed, but we are working hard on this one to spend time together (my wife dropped work for example) even if he doesn’t speak much, but at least it’s something. Thank you for your help, I’ll add something new on a weekly basis so he can feel more connected to people, to us rather than objects.

Q

QueenMaria

Hello everyone,
I'm a young man who suffer from "thought broadcasting" or at least that's my own diagnosis. I think the most important in the story of any bizarre belief is what lead us to believe such bizarre ideas from the beginning? So I share with you my experience hoping it will be helpful for you.
First, my experience seems to be like: my mind is a "broadcast antenna" and the rest of people are just receiving what I'm thinking. So how I was convinced of such bizarre idea?

In my case, I noticed strange stares from foreign people in the street, some of them were aggressive but the others were kind. At first i thought it was coincidences or they simply noticed something strange on me, but this happened over and over again at the point that it was impossible to neglect it.

So the obvious explanation was that somehow they know me!!! but how this can be possible?! I came up with some weird theories like someone spread rumors about me, I started looking for something about me on the net and the newspapers but I did not find anything.
The situation remains ambiguous until the time I noticed that people that I know have strange behavior in front of me, like looking at me strangely and the most frightening thing was hearing some of them repeating some of my ideas and looking at me with a smile on the face. At that time I knew that those people have access to my thoughts and somehow for the other people they also know my face, because not just people around me who have this strange look on the face but also when I travel or move to a new place I still experience this "Truman show" phenomenon.

So I start looking for it on the net until I found that this experiences are shared by a lot of people around the globe, and it's a common mental illness called "thought broadcasting". So many evidences emerge after that for example: I found in the forums many members who reassure others that they don't receive their thoughts
and those members for sure do not know with whom they speak, so I conclude that there is no thought that spreads in the world unless it is spoken.
Another thing is if I'm really are as I describe myself, then I am a rare case if I'm not the only one who have this gift, so I will be very useful for some people: scientists, magicians, press... Why those people have not contacted me yet? and why other people, especially my family and my friends keep it secret from me?

I did not have any meds and i did not see a doc, somehow i avoided the crisis and managed the situation, I still keep my job but if i'm not in the workplace then i'm at home. This has a huge impact on my social life: I can't hang out with my friends anymore, also i prefer to avoid people all the time. I only leave my house if it is necessary.

And because I've done a lot of research about it, i'm on the way to admit that this is a mental illness and that means literally that I have to unbelieve my senses and my brain, and finding another explanations for every single situation apart, if this is a delusion then i think the mistake made by my brain is generalization and may be some hallucinations.

Until this moment I have not said a word to anyone about what I'm going through. It will be interesting to make a test if someone can read my thoughts, someone who lives near enough so we could try. I can't do that with the people I know because I'm afraid that this thing is real.

Sorry if I took a lot of your time, I appreciate any possible help, thanks.
———-I want some more informations regarding this your experiencing so called thought broadcasting cause I’ve seen in Thebes internet that this some kind of schizophrenia I wanna know more about this......if this is still active now

H

Hermes63

I have had this problem for years now as well. It seems very real and i was convinced i had a chip in my head. I tried to explain it every possible way and i argued with nurses and doctors that it was real and that they were also in on it. I am now diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and on medication which seems to take away these ‘delusions’. There is no doubt about it I was pyschotic however though when i look back there is still some unexplainable things. I recommend taking your meds though because it helps.
Hi am new here and reading there has awoken an energy within. I believed I had a supernatural chip forcibly inserted into my head...paranoia..psychosis..voices etc. Tried olanzapine..respiridone..have been taking quetiapine for 7 years now and the most distressing symptoms have reduced...life is tough but having human social contact via this forum, hopefully, will help ground me. The tb has been and is "real" in my experience..however multiple realities may exist simultaneously... I believe it is within the non existent state of reality.....call it enlightenment? ...where Understanding is..perhaps my journey of sufferance will lead me there

J

jonnyc55

The tb has been and is "real" in my experience..however multiple realities may exist simultaneously...
Also in my experience it is 'real' too.

And I too feel multiple realities are at play. The way the world motions around your ever changing perspectives, reflecting them but is still able to track your mind at all times is odd. You realise there is no escape. Your mind truly is connected to everything like a solid string. We're all sitting in the same mind that is multidimensional in feeling.
How do you express yourself privately? You can't and you don't. That's how it feels. I can't undo the spell. I've tried everything. It feels like facing a phobia; the phobia being don't be afraid to express anything in your mind, you'll be okay. When I try a tiny bit I get scared because I feel a reaction from people around me every time I even try a little bit in my mind to be honest about the situation I'm in concerning them.

What's with people reacting to my thoughts at the same time the thoughts occur? Like piss off with that timing. That's how I feel.

H

Hermes63

Also in my experience it is 'real' too.

And I too feel multiple realities are at play. The way the world motions around your ever changing perspectives, reflecting them but is still able to track your mind at all times is odd. You realise there is no escape. Your mind truly is connected to everything like a solid string. We're all sitting in the same mind that is multidimensional in feeling.
How do you express yourself privately? You can't and you don't. That's how it feels. I can't undo the spell. I've tried everything. It feels like facing a phobia; the phobia being don't be afraid to express anything in your mind, you'll be okay. When I try a tiny bit I get scared because I feel a reaction from people around me every time I even try a little bit in my mind to be honest about the situation I'm in concerning them.

What's with people reacting to my thoughts at the same time the thoughts occur? Like piss off with that timing. That's how I feel.
Hi Jonny the string has strung me out...when i express the Thoughts to those around me it seems their egoic selves deflect them and focus solely on themselves.. It appears these thoughts arise and fall for no positive reason in this realm

J

jonnyc55

Hi Jonny the string has strung me out...when i express the Thoughts to those around me it seems their egoic selves deflect them and focus solely on themselves.. It appears these thoughts arise and fall for no positive reason in this realm
Yeah that's another component I've seen with thought broadcasting. When you intentionally broadcast to people, like you say, it feels like a layer of them (ego) deflects your broadcasts. And again like you say, they're able to focus on themselves.

They have impressive control over the thought broadcasting domain yet they deny its existence. Hmmm.
Our fear of the thought broadcasting domain and the shock it exists leaves us dead in the water. It's like a boy standing in the middle of a 4 way road junction watching all the thoughts wizz by him, amazed of its existence yet he undermines its existence and risks being ran over. There is a element of real danger that we also have to get to terms with in order to gain our full control but our sheer disbelief that we have to watch ourselves at all times and practice good mental hygiene for the sake of others feels absolutely nuts.

There some weird middle ground we have to consider. It's just crazy but the more I find it nuts the less I protect myself from stepping on other peoples toes.

Eeeee why does this exist, why do non-tb'ers deny it? Are they free of it? Are we nuts? Are we tapping into the thought broadcast domain at a very high level and the non-tb'ers at a low level?

L

linus

@jonnyc55 do you have any fear of death or fear of isolation from society? event from before 2014.. do you have significant social relationships? including family.. do you feel loved enough?

L

linus

I suggest you read "Rethinking madness", you can find it as pdf free online. It has some interesting chapters about Rank and Yalom's theories (chapter 14 and 15), it might enlighten you some about the causes beneath your symptoms.

J

jonnyc55

@jonnyc55 do you have any fear of death or fear of isolation from society? event from before 2014.. do you have significant social relationships? including family.. do you feel loved enough?
I have no fear of death or fear of isolation from society. I actually enjoy my free time alone, I feel like my own best friend most of the time. (this also applied to me before my event, pre 2014)

I have two friends and that's it. I seldom see them. I talk seldom to them on facebook too. Not had a girlfriend since 2013. I only had 1 girlfriend in my entire life.

My family is good, they are educated and understand my problem to a reasonable extent. I feel like there is support there yeah. I just feel more alone regarding the feeling of my brain being on display to the world. I have to suffer that bit by myself it feels. Which is crushing, considering the medical community never hit the sweet spot it feels at times.

I suggest you read "Rethinking madness", you can find it as pdf free online. It has some interesting chapters about Rank and Yalom's theories (chapter 14 and 15), it might enlighten you some about the causes beneath your symptoms.
Yeah I will open a tab on it in my browser, thanks. :).

(edit: I've got the pdf, this looks interesting, thanks. :))

L

linus

Ok, but do you feel love from your peers? Do they manifest their affection in a pyshical way to you? (like gettings hugs, etc). It might seem stupid, but we all have a great need of confirmation from our peers and it can’t be done by words, it has to manifest physically. Open up more to the social aspects of your life, if the way you behaved in the last 5 years didn’t bring anything new on the table then change something and see what results you get.

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

Hello everyone,
I'm a young man who suffer from "thought broadcasting" or at least that's my own diagnosis. I think the most important in the story of any bizarre belief is what lead us to believe such bizarre ideas from the beginning? So I share with you my experience hoping it will be helpful for you.
First, my experience seems to be like: my mind is a "broadcast antenna" and the rest of people are just receiving what I'm thinking. So how I was convinced of such bizarre idea?

In my case, I noticed strange stares from foreign people in the street, some of them were aggressive but the others were kind. At first i thought it was coincidences or they simply noticed something strange on me, but this happened over and over again at the point that it was impossible to neglect it.

So the obvious explanation was that somehow they know me!!! but how this can be possible?! I came up with some weird theories like someone spread rumors about me, I started looking for something about me on the net and the newspapers but I did not find anything.
The situation remains ambiguous until the time I noticed that people that I know have strange behavior in front of me, like looking at me strangely and the most frightening thing was hearing some of them repeating some of my ideas and looking at me with a smile on the face. At that time I knew that those people have access to my thoughts and somehow for the other people they also know my face, because not just people around me who have this strange look on the face but also when I travel or move to a new place I still experience this "Truman show" phenomenon.

So I start looking for it on the net until I found that this experiences are shared by a lot of people around the globe, and it's a common mental illness called "thought broadcasting". So many evidences emerge after that for example: I found in the forums many members who reassure others that they don't receive their thoughts
and those members for sure do not know with whom they speak, so I conclude that there is no thought that spreads in the world unless it is spoken.
Another thing is if I'm really are as I describe myself, then I am a rare case if I'm not the only one who have this gift, so I will be very useful for some people: scientists, magicians, press... Why those people have not contacted me yet? and why other people, especially my family and my friends keep it secret from me?

I did not have any meds and i did not see a doc, somehow i avoided the crisis and managed the situation, I still keep my job but if i'm not in the workplace then i'm at home. This has a huge impact on my social life: I can't hang out with my friends anymore, also i prefer to avoid people all the time. I only leave my house if it is necessary.

And because I've done a lot of research about it, i'm on the way to admit that this is a mental illness and that means literally that I have to unbelieve my senses and my brain, and finding another explanations for every single situation apart, if this is a delusion then i think the mistake made by my brain is generalization and may be some hallucinations.

Until this moment I have not said a word to anyone about what I'm going through. It will be interesting to make a test if someone can read my thoughts, someone who lives near enough so we could try. I can't do that with the people I know because I'm afraid that this thing is real.

Sorry if I took a lot of your time, I appreciate any possible help, thanks.

Hello Tarik, I use to have exactly the same problem as you, and not only did I think that, I also thought that people could see what I saw and hear what I heard too; and so, for example, I felt that I use to keep people awake in Australia at night! It sounds like I had a more severe case of it than you do actually. It started by particular looks from people on the street which I picked up on and the way they looked at me as though they knew something about me already. I perceived those looks as though they knew what I was thinking and it went downhill from there. I've managed to stop thinking those thoughts for the most part, not because of medication but because those ideas have burnt themselves out over time, but I do still think I have powers and I do still suffer from a small amount of the 'thought broadcasting' problem. I still get very paranoid about relationship problems.
I never heard of the term 'thought broadcasting' actually.
I have one question for you though, do you think you have powers? Also, is your IQ above average because it's intelligent people who tend to be affected by this sort of problem?

J

jonnyc55

Ok, but do you feel love from your peers? Do they manifest their affection in a pyshical way to you? (like gettings hugs, etc). It might seem stupid, but we all have a great need of confirmation from our peers and it can’t be done by words, it has to manifest physically. Open up more to the social aspects of your life, if the way you behaved in the last 5 years didn’t bring anything new on the table then change something and see what results you get.
I do from close friends yeah, but I find it hard to connect to them due to fear of awkward thoughts. I rarely get physical things of affection from peers and of course I know exactly what you are on about.

Yeah, 4-5 years brought me nothing. I need to do something about it now. Social aspects will need to be more head on from now on.

L

linus

My son went through some harsh panic attacks in the first month of his psychotic episode. We used Lorazepam like crazy, but finally we stopped it 1 month later and he is ok now, he couldn’t sleep because of the panic. Now he is in psychotherapy. Are you pursuing anything beside the meds?