People can hear my thoughts

T

Theresistance

You're sure you're not paranoid that your lost? lost meaning the same as in as if you were in psychosis. You're on medication right.. medication takes that away. You may still hear the sounds in everday life of them but keep a clear mind and think outside the box.
I am absolutely sure that it is 100% real and I am sure that Jonny will tell ayou the same thing. I have many examples and have have tried many medications that have not worked at all. This is not a delusion in the slightest, there’s something about hearing your own thoughts in the environment that non thought broadcasters don’t understand but it’s a very obvious sign that your a genuine Tb although I’ve spoken to many Tb who like myself who doubted it for too long b/c people would say stuff like you did or believe other people were psychic not them which only further stunted them from developing coping mechanisms for the discomfort and intrusive thoughts.

T

Theresistance

Hey,
How did things evolve for you all? Any change with these perceptions/feelings?
As I told Johnny in another post on this forum the beliefs did not go away b/c they’re not just simply a belief, it’s actually happening. It has been 3 years and the only thing that has changed is my response the broadcasting. I now feel more comfortable with the idea that this will never go away and I have coping mechanisms to deal with the discomfort that Tb causes me. I also have strategies for dealing with groups of people on a daily basis which has always caused me a great deal of anxiety now it’s just a manageable amount of anxiety.

L

linus

Do you think it affects your social life in any way? Or professional wise? I am very curious about the end result in having a different “version” of reality than most of the others.

T

Theresistance

Do you think it affects your social life in any way? Or professional wise? I am very curious about the end result in having a different “version” of reality than most of the others.
Yes it absolutely does. Just like I told someone else the quantity of friends goes down b/c people fear what they don’t understand but quality goes up b/c Thought broadcasting invites genuine people who truly understand because people believe that you can see through them (which I can) since Tb breeds a knowledge of psychology. As Johnny says about your thoughts displacing your environment, it tells people a lot on a subconscious level.Also it is very hard to find a job not only for me but for the other Tb I communicate with on a daily basis outside of this forum.

J

jonnyc55

You're not alone theresistance. Yet again an extremely powerful synchronicity just occurred right now hence why I am posting here. It brought a powerful reminder as to how real the connection between our thoughts is to the external world.
I can't believe how real it is and how un-aware 6 billion people on this planet are to the sheer gravity of this connection.
Our culture and intelligence is completely oblivious to it. They are even shaped by this force and yet continue un-aware!
Automatons always pops in my mind during thought broadcasting/synchronicity events. Though more organic theories as to why this happens are also in my mind such as people aligning themselves with likened atmospheres or multiple people being inspired by a near invisible cue by a 'middle man' i.e. the environment.
Regardless of the theories this just happened to me:

I have been watching videos and reading about a now famous girl called Greta Thunberg who is a young female activist against global warming since I am also geared towards wanting to save the planet and restoring natural order. Only yesterday and a bit today have I researched about her. She had been on my mind.

So I go into my bedroom to speak with my Dad on the phone about 30 mins ago, and I look outside my bedroom window and there is a young girl, with the same height, facial structure and most of all, this is the key part, she has the long pigtails which is the most iconic feature of the famous activist girl Greta Thunberg.

This is very weird because I've never seen this girl before in my area, the timing is perfect to catch my attention and she is a spitting image of a girl I've been reading about.

This isn't a coincidence, I've experienced this Doppelgänger phenomenon or rather I've noticed this Doppelgänger phenomenon for four years now. Every time it has been perfect timing to grab my attention and has been in reflection of what I do with my time and what my mind has been pondering.

Remember these Doppelgänger people are EXACT PERFECT reflections of the people I have been thinking about; same hairstyles, heights, faces, gender, age, movements, etc. and they always coincide with my line of sight as if they were cogs in a clockwork. I have also noticed that they seem to occur when I stop thinking about these people or subjects. It feels like some harmonic act where the universe feels in the gap.

This synchronicity links in with thought broadcasting as they both share that link between thoughts and physical events in the world.

This is real. I don't try and look around it anymore. Being told to take medication back in 2014 was a massive joke. I told them that I might as well take medication because I see the grass as green... The medication will not change anything but give me Doppelgänger's in the streets that looks like drugged zombies who take pills in front of me, as if I play a part in the universal cogwork song and dance and yes this sort of sick ironic joke has happened hundreds of times to me.

Again, this is real, the only thing that changes is how comfortable we get with it and how refined we get at processing our fear of mental exposure.

L

linus

What does “quality” mean to you in this case? (except a supposedly understanding of what you are passing through). Having such a “skill” does it fulfill any personal need? I mean just thinking that I would feel like this, but it would rip me of my social relations I would rather leave it aside and think about it as less as possible. Do you feel in any way persecuted? Or the other way around like you have a huge power?

L

linus

johny, unfortunately this kind of mix and match and looking for patterns anywhere is one of the most common symptoms in a psychotic episode/schizofrenic people. This doesn’t mean you have to take meds, but maybe you can read some things like: Rethinking madness, it explains quite some fascinating things about the mind and what tricks it can play to us. Only a computer could find real patterns, we are so lousy at this that it brings us misery (even to people not at the edge of the psychotic experience)

J

jonnyc55

I now feel more comfortable with the idea that this will never go away and I have coping mechanisms to deal with the discomfort that Tb causes me. I also have strategies for dealing with groups of people on a daily basis which has always caused me a great deal of anxiety now it’s just a manageable amount of anxiety.
This is the same as me. Totally the same. In 2014 and 2015 when the 'drug induced psychosis' kicked off I feared extremely heavily about life and my spiritual self for 7 months, I could not believe reality could be this way, BUT IT WAS THIS WAY now. I feared about my future never being the same, I was petrified to the very core, that my once 'private' mind is gone forever and that I lay tortured by people and events around me aligning with my mind forever. Never feeling private and never able to enjoy my friends and family every again.

I haven't got over thought broadcasting nor synchronicity. It still occurs, it is as real as the ocean. Like you, I have developed loads of coping mechanisms. They are far from great but merely keep me afloat. I struggle with discomfort most of the day. I long for a reality that doesn't react to my thoughts.
The positive attribute however is the extreme ability to weigh up situations and people. It is very extreme and has given me the chance of making perfect decisions and doing very good time management.

My absolute fear and horror of life which was back in 2014-2015 that came with all sorts of conspiracy's moved to a more mechanical perspective of this TB phenomena in late 2015 till now (2019). I semi see it all as a mechanic of our biology or physics that is unfortunately invasive, uncomforting and just down right upsetting because I no longer have mental privacy, which was my most comforting escape from society and my biggest love of life, a skull and brain for me to live in, in private. But that changed MASSIVELY in 2014 with my drug taking and my choices to expand my mind and perspectives.
My only escape today would be for the universe to be empty or something. I would have to wipe my memories clean but I would only grow up in a universe oblivious to the nature of things. The mechanics that make up TB must be so elemental and so basic that it eludes us. I've always likened it to a mechanic as simple as pushing a rock and it moves.
So to have a reality without TB would be very different.

Maybe the mechanisms and/or the escape to TB is even more bizarre then plain old mechanics, maybe it is even more ethereal then I think.

L

linus

Maybe you could watch “a beautiful mind”, although I understood it’s easy to see other’s people mental troubles than your own (the executive function in the frontal cortex is no longer active)

J

jonnyc55

johny, unfortunately this kind of mix and match and looking for patterns anywhere is one of the most common symptoms in a psychotic episode/schizofrenic people. This doesn’t mean you have to take meds, but maybe you can read some things like: Rethinking madness, it explains quite some fascinating things about the mind and what tricks it can play to us. Only a computer could find real patterns, we are so lousy at this that it brings us misery (even to people not at the edge of the psychotic experience)
I can feel what you are saying. It's true I do have a choice to reconcile with perspectives that make my TB and synchronicity events originate from events non-personal to me and therefore be insignificant to me.
I will look into that because I must draw the line in the sand one day and look more into other perspectives than just this one perspective. I would rather feel free than restricted to one channel in a infinite spectrum.

You give me food for thought. I'll test drive it.

However the argument still stands regarding the perfect timing of these reflections in the external world and my mind. They are perfect reflections of subjects I've been thinking about, I make no doubt about that at all.
I do however like you say need to broaden my perspectives beyond events centering around me purely. As events may occur for reasons bigger than myself and that I too are aligning with the same thing as others.

So that event (one I talked about in my last post) with that Greta Thunberg girl with her pigtails for example, I could make that 'coincidence' be not about me. Something in the air made me gravitate to the window regarding that Greta Thunberg girl and so too did a girl who looked like her gravitate towards the same thing. So emotionally these coincidences, are the agents of a large event in the environment that we all move around. Timing is irrelevant since we all react to environmental cues in largely the same way and at the same time, this goes the same for aesthetic or content reflections of environmental cues. We can all think and do the same thing at the same time in certain situations, I'll give an obvious example of environmental factors making us all align: If the sun is especially hot one day, then we all begin to wear shorts and flip flops etc.
That is one way for me to change my perspective about TB and synchronicity. It would lessen the emotional impact of these TB and synchronicity events or possibly remove my idea of TB and synchronicity altogether.

J

jonnyc55

Maybe you could watch “a beautiful mind”, although I understood it’s easy to see other’s people mental troubles than your own (the executive function in the frontal cortex is no longer active)
I will watch that actually, it sounds interesting. Thanks.

The executive function in the frontal cortex is no longer active when we think of others rather than ourselves? Is that what you are saying?

L

linus

The other way around, you can longer assess yourself properly, because you “feel” everything is real.

J

jonnyc55

Oh ok, so when we think of ourselves rather than others our executive function in the frontal cortex is no longer active. (that made my head spin lol)

Like you say, we can't assess ourselves properly because we submerged in ourselves far too much and all our mental libraries/ideas feel real.

T

Theresistance

What does “quality” mean to you in this case? (except a supposedly understanding of what you are passing through). Having such a “skill” does it fulfill any personal need? I mean just thinking that I would feel like this, but it would rip me of my social relations I would rather leave it aside and think about it as less as possible. Do you feel in any way persecuted? Or the other way around like you have a huge power?
When I say quality I mean that friends who would be in your life for superficial reasons see no need b/c my whole mind is on display and people feel like I won’t get anywhere. So those who do come into my life and choose to stay are there for genuine reasons like relying on each other to stay sober or telling each other daily experiences as a Tb and not to try use me for something or try to get me high as if I’m their own personal experiment. Some people are genuinely curious about me though(b/c of Tb, not really me) and these people never approach me maybe b/c my mind is on display and they feel like they know me already, which is far from true which is how Tb can weed out certain people I don’t want in my life. I feel like it is an ability of sorts and I don’t feel outwardly persecuted just a lack of understanding.

C

Con31

I have had this problem for years now as well. It seems very real and i was convinced i had a chip in my head. I tried to explain it every possible way and i argued with nurses and doctors that it was real and that they were also in on it. I am now diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and on medication which seems to take away these ‘delusions’. There is no doubt about it I was pyschotic however though when i look back there is still some unexplainable things. I recommend taking your meds though because it helps.

C

Con31

You have to ask yourself these questions - why would you be so important to everyone? Why would literally everyone spend most of their time focusing on you? It is very scary when you believe its real but i guarentee medication will take the most of it away. Thats when you realise it was delusional. I made a list of things 4 pages long that had happened to me and handed it to a nurse for her to explain it to me. She took it home read it and then hamded it back and said nothing about it. I still can’t explain those things but one things for sure I do not have these thoughts anymore due to medication.

O

OCDguy

I have literally just stumbled on this thread, and I have to confess I haven't read every post. This is obviously very uncomfortable for someone and has a huge impact on their quality of life. I was wondering if this is something people generally keep to themselves or if they speak to their Doctors etc. in order for it to be looked into further.

L

linus

I made a list of things 4 pages long that had happened to me and handed it to a nurse for her to explain it to me. She took it home read it and then hamded it back and said nothing about it. I still can’t explain those things but one things for sure I do not have these thoughts anymore due to medication.
I struggled with this issue also regarding my son, all the medical staff insisted that I won’t engage in discuss his delusional ideas. After reading a lot online and on this forum, I came to some important conclusions:
1. If you deny somebody delusional ideas you become an “enemy”, because everything is emotional, so instead of being able to support that person, they will reject you
2. If you pursue those ideas, you make that person more entangled with them
3. It’s best just to listen and talk about how does he feel when those thoughts come into mind so you can show empathy
So the nurse couldn’t come with anything clear back because she could make things more complicated.
I guess you will never get rid of some thoughts, but I also think it’s your choice (once you get some insight about how the brain can trick you) to not give too much importance to them.