paranormal or hallucinations (I really need help please)

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eye, told the doc and got a diagnosis of bipolar 1 with psychotic features.
Now, where I get tripped up is I have had genuine spiritual things happen in the past and even the unexplainable that others have also seen and witnessed. nowadays I don't have friends, thus no witnesses to this madness, I am a skeptic believe it or not and I don't trust myself.
Things got weirder the last few days, and my Bf did witness one of the things.
I had a dream the fridge light burnt out ( the light has never burnt out before) In the morning we went to PUD to pay the power bill and the desk lady said "wow lucky your power was about to get shut off" so then I told my bf about the dream and laughed about it because it was funny to me. when we get home I go to put something in the fridge and the light is burnt out, I started to panic my bf came to check and yes, it was burnt out (the power didn't get shut off).
then yesterday, I kept hearing deafening loud vibrations no one else could, I saw a tall figure out the corner of my eye and then it disappeared. Later in the night my Alexa device starting playing loud random music and I panicked a bit because of the other stuff that happened in the day, but still pushed it under the rug so to speak.
But then what really tipped me over is I went on my computer and it started playing loud music I never have even heard before as well, and then stopped. I went right to the Emergency room I thought I was going insane, and I got cleared... I am scared I don't know what are hallucinations, whats paranormal/spiritual I'm going insane.
I dont know what is real anymore. I am telling the docs all this, they think its my bipolar and my gut feeling says its not but Im not sure. Im on bipolar meds

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi I wanted to answer but I don't have any advise I am sorry
I hope somebody else can help
just wanted to send you lots of love and hugs xxx

L

Lunar Lady

Sadkitty,

I'm quite sure you're not going mad, so relax sweetheart.

You are clearly having visual and audio experiences - they are manifestations of visual/audio hallucination but just in a way you haven't experienced before.

I can appreciate how frightening it must feel - but you need to stay calm and treat these odd experiences as something unreal. It's possible to have false memories about dreams - something happens that triggers a familiar, deja-vu feeling and you imagine you've had a premonition. In actual fact, the event itself can trigger the thought process that you knew in advance, when it's the other way round.

None of this means you are going crazy - you need to have a talk with your doctor and update him/her what's going on.

Also, consider if you're very tired right now - visual flashes are common with tiredness and particularly tired eyes from working on a screen for hours - I've seen cats running across the room and all sorts of things that aren't there when I've been exceptionally tired - it's quite normal.

Lots of love to you - and a big hug :hug: xxxx

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkitty,

I'm quite sure you're not going mad, so relax sweetheart.

You are clearly having visual and audio experiences - they are manifestations of visual/audio hallucination but just in a way you haven't experienced before.

I can appreciate how frightening it must feel - but you need to stay calm and treat these odd experiences as something unreal. It's possible to have false memories about dreams - something happens that triggers a familiar, deja-vu feeling and you imagine you've had a premonition. In actual fact, the event itself can trigger the thought process that you knew in advance, when it's the other way round.

None of this means you are going crazy - you need to have a talk with your doctor and update him/her what's going on.

Also, consider if you're very tired right now - visual flashes are common with tiredness and particularly tired eyes from working on a screen for hours - I've seen cats running across the room and all sorts of things that aren't there when I've been exceptionally tired - it's quite normal.

Lots of love to you - and a big hug :hug: xxxx
thank you for the reply, I am having a hard time. Yes, I am sleep deprived from mania and depression swings. Can that really cause hallucination?

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

hi I wanted to answer but I don't have any advise I am sorry
I hope somebody else can help
just wanted to send you lots of love and hugs xxx
its ok I understand, this is just so weird for me, I have had so many weirde things even besides this happen over the last 6 years I am suffering so much and now this ugh

L

Lunar Lady

thank you for the reply, I am having a hard time. Yes, I am sleep deprived from mania and depression swings. Can that really cause hallucination?
Absolutely...

that's why during the First and Second World War, both sides used sleep deprivation as a way to torture prisoners of war - they would end up seeing things and living in a waking nightmare through sheer exhaustion.

Sleep deprivation can make you see and hear things. I'm not bipolar but I've worked insanely long hours in my time and genuinely suffered hallucinations and heard things. When I'm exhausted and dropping off to sleep, I would suddenly hear voices blare out as if somebody had switched a radio on and I'd hear snippets of random conversation or music.

Please don't be scared Kitty - you're just exhausted my love :hug: xxxx

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

Absolutely...

that's why during the First and Second World War, both sides used sleep deprivation as a way to torture prisoners of war - they would end up seeing things and living in a waking nightmare through sheer exhaustion.

Sleep deprivation can make you see and hear things. I'm not bipolar but I've worked insanely long hours in my time and genuinely suffered hallucinations and heard things. When I'm exhausted and dropping off to sleep, I would suddenly hear voices blare out as if somebody had switched a radio on and I'd hear snippets of random conversation or music.

Please don't be scared Kitty - you're just exhausted my love :hug: xxxx
thank you so much, I was so scared that I was either insane or paranormal stuff was happening

L

Lunar Lady

thank you so much, I was so scared that I was either insane or paranormal stuff was happening
No. Nothing paranormal or weird just good old sleep deprivation.

Even if you can't actually sleep, try lying down with either wet teabags or cucumber on your eyelids - really helps with visual fatigue - and give your eyes a rest from light.

I listen to binaural sleep music - it's relaxing and very calming.

Let me know how you're doing tomorrow Kitty but I hope you can get some rest darling xxx

I've linked an example of binaural music here - nothing scary on the link - just relaxing music. :hug:

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

No. Nothing paranormal or weird just good old sleep deprivation.

Even if you can't actually sleep, try lying down with either wet teabags or cucumber on your eyelids - really helps with visual fatigue - and give your eyes a rest from light.

I listen to binaural sleep music - it's relaxing and very calming.

Let me know how you're doing tomorrow Kitty but I hope you can get some rest darling xxx

I've linked an example of binaural music here - nothing scary on the link - just relaxing music. :hug:

thank you, I will try to sleep extra tonight with those beats, since its my weekend. I just got done with my second week of college ever, and I dont think I got enough sleep. some nights it was 4 hours the most was 7. I also go to bed at 4 in the morning, and I also started hitting the gym daily as well so I must be very tired. I wish the ER doctor mentioned something, she made me feel like I was nuts and it was bipolor related even though I didnt think it was.

L

Lunar Lady

Early night....turn the lights down to one or two lamps an hour before you go to bed...have a hot bath...don't sleep with the phone or laptop by your bed - switch them off or leave them charging in a different room...warm milk drink and a couple of cookies...take a favourite story book to bed if you want to doze off reading....

Try and get a decent bedtime established over the next couple of days - you'll be fine :hug: xxx

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

Early night....turn the lights down to one or two lamps an hour before you go to bed...have a hot bath...don't sleep with the phone or laptop by your bed - switch them off or leave them charging in a different room...warm milk drink and a couple of cookies...take a favourite story book to bed if you want to doze off reading....

Try and get a decent bedtime established over the next couple of days - you'll be fine :hug: xxx
thank you alot <3 I have a fitbit versa coming it the mail and it does sleep tracking so thats a good timing as well, it can tell me what kind of sleep Im in and for how long so I can test the factors

H

Hydrophobia

I think I’ve had these types of experiences before myself. I once heard a female voice scream into my ears so loud that it hurt my eardrum and scared the shit out of me, but nobody else in the house, including my grandmother who was on the couch in the same room as me, heard it. Assuming that there are ghosts and the paranormal, they seem to really like messing with me. Maybe because I’m a vulnerable target as I’ve heard before that people with rough childhoods are prone to demonic possession. But I don’t know, because I’m also having bad luck too, to where just about every minute of every day, somebody or something is annoying me constantly and there’s no escape from it and there’s nothing I can do about it to stop it, they’ll keep doing it and they’ll keep coming back regardless, because there’s so many of the people/animals that are annoying me or that I live with them and can’t get away because nobody else in my family even cares about me at all or does car, but can’t move me in with them because they have no room, and even for those that I turn to, there are many different reasons why I wouldn’t want to live with them, and I always get homesick too quickly and want to go back after staying one or two days at most. I don’t know why this is. I know it isn’t masochism because I don’t enjoy it or want something to be mad about. I hate being mad, especially when it’s ALL THE TIME. I’m just so used to the simple care-free lifestyle I live, but with nowhere to go in life and no support system either for helping me move on for my mental/emotional problems, since the people I live with are the source of them for the most part (although other people were involved as well, but these are the only people still active in making my life hell). So I don’t know if I’m under a hex or a curse, if it’s karma (which I think is a bullshit concept anyways that can easily be disproven) or if it’s just bad luck, if such a concept exists, at least in it’s superstitious form. I’m at a loss for words, because this is so strange.

I’ve also noticed recent personality challenges, even been unable to find any new music that I enjoy anymore. I always listen to the same songs, but even if so, I still used to get my blood pumping with a lot of them. Now, I can’t enjoy any songs, because it all sounds too tired, generic or whatever. It just doesn’t pack the punch it had anymore. And there’s another thing that I enjoy looking at, but it would be a bit TMI, but yeah you get the point. I can’t get nothing from anything, no matter how good it is or how long it’s been since I last saw it and how much I enjoyed it the last time, nothing excites me anymore. It’s bizarre how all of this happening so recent and in tandem with so many other things. Are these just strange coincidences? If there are a million things that happen with no explanation other than simple bad luck or a curse, I don’t even know if it’s just chance, because of how astronomically unlikely that would be, statistically speaking. It might be a rare kind of coincidence. A strange kind of coincidence too. I don’t even know what to believe anymore, it’s so confusing and weird.

I can’t get any relief or escape from my problems that I live with, because the problem won’t leave me. Nobody in my family will ever leave me alone, no matter how much I tell them to go away, no matter how much I hate them, they are still going to yell at me and annoy me, probably deliberately too, because they I know I won’t do nothing because I CAN’T do nothing. They’ve already taken away everything I could use against them and they’ve got me by the balls. There’s no way I’m getting out of this place. My life is hell. You wouldn’t believe how bad and miserable it is.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I keep seeing things out of the corner of my eye, told the doc and got a diagnosis of bipolar 1 with psychotic features.
Now, where I get tripped up is I have had genuine spiritual things happen in the past and even the unexplainable that others have also seen and witnessed. nowadays I don't have friends, thus no witnesses to this madness, I am a skeptic believe it or not and I don't trust myself.
Things got weirder the last few days, and my Bf did witness one of the things.
I had a dream the fridge light burnt out ( the light has never burnt out before) In the morning we went to PUD to pay the power bill and the desk lady said "wow lucky your power was about to get shut off" so then I told my bf about the dream and laughed about it because it was funny to me. when we get home I go to put something in the fridge and the light is burnt out, I started to panic my bf came to check and yes, it was burnt out (the power didn't get shut off).
then yesterday, I kept hearing deafening loud vibrations no one else could, I saw a tall figure out the corner of my eye and then it disappeared. Later in the night my Alexa device starting playing loud random music and I panicked a bit because of the other stuff that happened in the day, but still pushed it under the rug so to speak.
But then what really tipped me over is I went on my computer and it started playing loud music I never have even heard before as well, and then stopped. I went right to the Emergency room I thought I was going insane, and I got cleared... I am scared I don't know what are hallucinations, whats paranormal/spiritual I'm going insane.
I dont know what is real anymore. I am telling the docs all this, they think its my bipolar and my gut feeling says its not but Im not sure. Im on bipolar meds

I've had dreams asking someone where to find something and the next day I found it where it was in the dream.