Obsession with going to Hospital

J

Jess89

Hi my name is Jess and I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder in 2017. After spending three months in Hospital down the track I have developed a obsession with going to Hospital to get evaluated because my Anxiety gets that bad. Anyone else have this problem?

vanish

vanish

You know I used to obsess that I could only form friendships with fellow patients, such was my anxiety. I used to be on an ever revolving door in and out of hospital. It was really unhealthy as I'd get little or no follow up in the community and used to be left to my own devices, often socially isolated and abusing alcohol and drugs. I used to think the only people who cared were those in the hospital, so I'd wind up there often.
These days I have only been to hospital once in two years and that was because I was suicidal and stressed out to the max.
I think you'll eventually get to a space where going to hospital no longer fits your lifestyle and recovery journey as I did.

J

Jess89

You know I used to obsess that I could only form friendships with fellow patients, such was my anxiety. I used to be on an ever revolving door in and out of hospital. It was really unhealthy as I'd get little or no follow up in the community and used to be left to my own devices, often socially isolated and abusing alcohol and drugs. I used to think the only people who cared were those in the hospital, so I'd wind up there often.
These days I have only been to hospital once in two years and that was because I was suicidal and stressed out to the max.
I think you'll eventually get to a space where going to hospital no longer fits your lifestyle and recovery journey as I did.
Hi Vanish, I understand! Thanks for your input. I know it's unhealthy and I am more likely to get more useful treatment in the Community. It just relieves me when I go to Hospital and I've only done this a few times since being diagnosed. Hopefully it's something I can work through with my Psychologist. Best wishes, Jess.

vanish

vanish

Thanks for your kind wishes Jess. :)
I noticed you're from Darwin, always great to have a fellow Aussie here! I'm from Queensland.

J

Jess89

Thanks for your kind wishes Jess. :)
I noticed you're from Darwin, always great to have a fellow Aussie here! I'm from Queensland.
You're most welcome! Life sure can be tough at times. So it's nice to support one another. Yes I am! That's great, Queensland is beautiful! Enjoy, Jess.