Newbie w/ anxiety and depersonalization

M

mickie27

Hey guys!! I'm new here and can't say how grateful I am that a forum like this exists and I'm really looking forward to connecting with others struggling. It's so so hard to find people in real life that understand - even therapists and doctors.

I'll keep this brief but I'm here because I've struggled with social anxiety since age 4/5 and selective mutism for a couple years, and developed generalized anxiety disorder in college. My anxiety got so severe that it contributed to a chain of reactions in which I have been struggling with an undiagnosed awful gut disorder and chronic dissociation for 15 months. I had an anxiety attack on antibiotics leading to my first major episode of depersonalization and after getting the flu it has not gone away since. Coping has been close to impossible but as every month goes by, losing school, work, friends, time, passions, my mind keeps asking me why my body bothers keeping me alive in this zombie state.

This was probably too long for an intro post whoops! I express myself thru writing so I go overboard frequently lol. But looking forward to connecting with this community and listening/helping however I can :)

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @mickie27 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your struggle.
You’re in the right place to be with like minded people who share similar experiences. Hearing about hell doesn’t come close to living through it. I can relate to you feeling there’s no one that understand what it means to have anxiety.

Feel comfortable to share your experiences and ask questions.

I hope you feel better soon.