New initiative

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

I cannot work, don't feel i can work, and just when i start to breathe, another news story about getting people into work. This time i think it is Rethink, getting those with severe mental illness into work. They said that once people get settled on medication, and learn how to manage their illness, they can then learn to manage work too.

We are talking about the people who have severe episodes. Although, perhaps they have long periods of wellness? It is an option, and i can see value in it, it is wonderful that the support is there at the start of work and throughout, but what about me?

I feel like i am always the odd one out in these schemes, but that i may get swept up with everyone else.

N

natalie

Hi,

I also certainly cannot work, if there ever came such an occasion, we would appeal, against the decision, or, fill out a capacity for work questionnaire, and they would be able to glean from that, I can't do work either paid or full time.

i do understand what you are going through if i can say it anxiety wise, over this.

Jokingly, maybe we should form a club, of we just cannot work group, within MHF, then, the powers that be, which you yourself think, is Rethink, will simply get the message eventually, as I say, I am joking on a rehtorical basis.

Take care now.

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

Thank you Natalie, i would love to be able to work, as i am sure you would. They think maybe it is anxiety and we need support, but it is for me, as many other, so much more complicated. They don't seem to want to hear about anything complicated and any reason/excuse they think can be fixed.

I would happily do some work, alongside maybe other people who cannot work. A voluntary, therapeutic, social, supported and safe, friendly work. I maybe could use some help with volunteering, but again that is complicated as i cannot always do that and i would not even like a place of work to know i have a mental illness.

I don't know what the solution is to my boredom and need for company and additional purpose, but these initiatives i am certain will cause further episodes by way of extreme stress. There is currently no solution that i can see or think of.

wolram

wolram

I work at a charity shop Fridays and Saturdays I have been doing it now for 7yrs, I must say that the stress is enormous at times but I force myself to go, up till now I have managed but just lately it has become to much, a customer complained about nothing and I just wanted to yell at him and say f**** off, I don't know how much more of this I can take.