Nervous so often

M

mikedrums

Hello everyone. I've always been a person who gets extremely nervous over a ton of things. It can be simple things like calling to make an appointment, driving to a place I haven't been before, even meeting a friend somewhere. It's normal for people to get nervous over things like public speaking, but feeling nervous over these simple things really gets to me. I just started taking medication for my issues, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to be less nervous at least for every day tasks. Sometimes it will take me days to do something because I get too worried about doing it and keep putting it off. Any tips or tricks or anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Welcome!

A lot of the time, you're actually capable of doing the tasks you're nervous about - it's simply that your mind slips in just enough doubt to stop you in your tracks. The problem mostly lies within your mind - once you're able to stop thinking and worrying about it, and just do it, you've crossed the hardest part! It's hard to break the cycle since it takes a leap of faith, but it works! :)

Much love <3

M

mikedrums

Welcome!

A lot of the time, you're actually capable of doing the tasks you're nervous about - it's simply that your mind slips in just enough doubt to stop you in your tracks. The problem mostly lies within your mind - once you're able to stop thinking and worrying about it, and just do it, you've crossed the hardest part! It's hard to break the cycle since it takes a leap of faith, but it works! :)

Much love <3
Yeah I have noticed that. I think the problem is consistency. Sometimes I'm able to just say "well I have to make this call so let's just do it" and other times I'm not like "eh I guess it can wait until tomorrow." My mind goes a million miles an hour so sometimes it's just hard to stop it.