Maybe Hearing Voices

zaatarHoney

zaatarHoney

I've never been diagnosed or treated by nurse practitioners before-
bc I haven't been entirely honest, necessarily.

When I was young, I'd see apparitions of ghosts- I'm a very spiritual person to this day. I've also experienced these things w other people, so I don't think it's necessarily 'inside my head', you know?

But on a daily basis, I have conversations w myself. If I'm alone, out loud... if not, I keep it to myself.
I don't usually hear voices.. mostly just energy/vibes and I respond to what I feel is being said.

So because of that- I suspect it's from my childhood trauma.. that residual violent, humiliating energy that is engraved into my mind, still trying to commandeer the narrative of my life. I am paranoid often, but that could also be the trauma. My GAD/cPTSD collaborating in negative ways.

But I also worry, since my ignorance on schizophrenia and similar disorders, that I should seek diagnosis, then treatment, when I have insurance again. What is schizophrenia like? How would you know?

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

You said in another thread you suspect you may have DID,do you think maybe seeing a professional and talking to them about what's going on/been happening might be a good idea?

ETA:Seeking a diagnosis and treatment when you have insurance again is definitely the route to take

E

EstherRose94

From what you said it doesn’t seem like you’re hearing voices because you’re aware that the voices are yourself.

I talk to myself all the time!

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I've never been diagnosed or treated by nurse practitioners before-
bc I haven't been entirely honest, necessarily.

When I was young, I'd see apparitions of ghosts- I'm a very spiritual person to this day. I've also experienced these things w other people, so I don't think it's necessarily 'inside my head', you know?

But on a daily basis, I have conversations w myself. If I'm alone, out loud... if not, I keep it to myself.
I don't usually hear voices.. mostly just energy/vibes and I respond to what I feel is being said.

So because of that- I suspect it's from my childhood trauma.. that residual violent, humiliating energy that is engraved into my mind, still trying to commandeer the narrative of my life. I am paranoid often, but that could also be the trauma. My GAD/cPTSD collaborating in negative ways.

But I also worry, since my ignorance on schizophrenia and similar disorders, that I should seek diagnosis, then treatment, when I have insurance again. What is schizophrenia like? How would you know?
I've been told that schizophrenia encompasses a broad number of syndromes. You don't usually hear voices but sometimes do?

E

EstherRose94

True it’s not usually as easy as definitely yes or definitely no