I just got meds and I'm scared and angry

A

Amphie

Grateful. thank you. for taking your time, to comfort a stranger. thank you so much for helping me. I'm still sad, but my body feels better. Thank you for helping me not feel alone, and giving me something to do.

L

Lunar Lady

Do you feel physically better?

Is your heart rate settled?

A

Amphie

Yes, my chest muscles hurt though, but it's probably from hyperventilating.

L

Lunar Lady

Yes - we can't help it when we panic.

Your blood sugar levels will maybe have dropped through shock and upset.

If you can make yourself a drink - something hot and sweet - it should open your airways, deliver some glucose and lubricate your throat....

The biggest illusion of panic attacks is choking - if you sip a hot drink or suck a sweet you should realise your throat is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lunar Lady

Happy to help - I remember these nights well.

Have your drink hun, and then settle down and try and get some sleep.

Make sure you're warm - you've had a shock...bedsocks or a sweatshirt so you're snuggly.

This won't happen again tonight, Amphie. It's passed darling and you know how to handle it.

Hope you have a good sleep :hug: xxxxxx

A

Amphie

I went out drinking tonight. To celebrate being nearly done school, so I couldn’t take my anxiety meds because it’s not safe. I had 4 beers over four hours and it’s been almost... 3 hours since then. I tried to sleep but my heart is beating out of my chest. I’m doing my best to talk myself down but I’ve never felt panic and so simultaneously frustrated. This sucks. I was doing SO well. It feels like I’ve ruined my night by trying to be with friends and have a good time. But I’m trying to avoid catastrophic thoughts like my night is ruined or I won’t sleep, or my heart is going to blow up. Because none of that is true. Tonight is just a bad night for now. This will pass but damn it sucks right now.