I have this voice telling me what to do

B

Babylonia

I don't know if it actually qualifies as a voice but if feels like there's another version of me in the back of my head, and not quietly. It keeps banging against my skull and yelling. It goes a mile a minute and it's impossible to think once it gets going. It keeps telling me to do inappropriate and bad things. I'm a bit of a goody-goody, so I can stop myself for the most part but I terrified that one slip and I could do awful things. I don't know who I am anymore, I can't trust my thoughts and memories because that dark thing could be twisting it. I already have Anxiety, ADD, and Major Depressive Disorder. I'm starting to not even realize when the dark thing takes control. Can anybody tell me what it is? What I have or something? Can anybody relate?:panic::panic:

B

backagain2

Hi Babylonia! You'd really have to ask your doctor if its something new to you. I don't think its another version of you, if you know your not like that. You have self control so don't let it sway you in the wrong direction. I know you cant control the voice but try to stay calm and just control your actions.

Kerome

Kerome

Well you are saying "it is banging against the back of my skull" and "it keeps telling me to do inappropriate and bad things". So it's not exactly clear how you experience it - do you actually hear a voice externally, or is it more a voice you hear in your head, or is it like thoughts that keep popping up in your mind? It sounds like there may even be elements of a visual hallucination?

Either way we can't really diagnose anything on here, we are not medical professionals but we can help you maybe by giving pointers where to look. It sounds to me like you could have a voice. Or possibly something closer to intrusive thoughts.

But it can be a very disturbing thing to go through, although it doesn't on its own mean you will get a further psychiatric diagnosis. Out of all the people who hear voices only about a quarter end up seeing mental health services about them, and those who do can get diagnoses ranging from psychosis not-otherwise-specified through to depression with psychotic features or even schizophrenia, depending on the other symptoms they have.

But yeah we can certainly relate, many people on the forum hear voices.

D

Deadfool

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice, I'm new here and haven't figured things out yet. I can totally relate to this though. I'm not sure if what I have counts as a voice because I dont hear it out loud. It's inside my head but seems like another version of me. It's angry and paranoid and unfortunately sometimes seems to take over. I pop back out then and feel terrible.

It's good to see that you're able to keep control and not let that happen.

T

troubled

I have had voices but also just thoughts which tell me to do things that I don't want to do. No matter whether it's a thought or a voice, they can both be very problematic. In fact, I usually find the thoughts actually harder to resist than the voices. I can separate the voices from "me" because the voices come from a couple of inches outside my ears, but the thoughts come from inside my head.

A lot of people have to spend their days resisting thoughts and voices. I have got voices, thoughts and twitches which all keep trying to get me to give all my money away. In the past, I paid attention to them and gave away thousands of pounds but these days I don't pay attention to them, even though they tell me I'm going to hell for not giving all my money away. You just learn to not pay attention to them when they want you to do things you don't want to do.

You sound like someone has already diagnosed you with some illnesses, so it would do you good to go and talk about what's happening with a mental health professional again.

R

Robotz9001

It's animals and bugs dude

They think it's funny, what and why do you think they scream around people all the time? I posted the full real explanation on my page on this site. Hope it helps.