How to drown out Voices?

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

Do you listen to music to drown out voices/noises ?

What do you listen to?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

When I am stressed and I hear voices I listen to my soothing relaxing music like Dan Fogelberg. But when I'm in other moods, I might listen to louder music like heavy metal to drown them out.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I found the best way to do it is to read books, as long as you're talking in your mind your voice can't.

I can recommend two books on hearing voices.

"Living with Voices, 50 stories of recovery" By Prof Marius Romme, Dr Sandra Escher et al.

and "Hearing Voices: A Common Human Experience" By John Watkins.

N

natalie

Hi,

I listen to Sister Act, Hairspray, Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary Theatrical evening, celebrations, 2 cd combined, and Dreamgirls also 2 cds combined.

I'll also will listen to Jane McDonald, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, and Tony Bennett and Diana Krall, and also, don't laugh, and I am just waiting for a 3rd cd, of a series of cds, in all, the 3rd one to be released, for Bradley Walsh. I shoudl point out that these are combined collaboaration cd works of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, one cd, and also Tony Bennett and Diana Krall another one cd.

Now, when the voices materliase, and along of the fact I'm on med, 25ml, though I am trialing me on 20ml, at the moment, and I'm overall fine, I will simply put on musicals, realising probably that the voices probably won't like my musical tastes, and, what's more works, every time.

I have used music as powerful technical aid tool for my hearing voices and also intrusive thoughts, fr om external sources, for many years, and as I say works every time, when I have a mental issue of this nature come up.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I am listening to "4am chillout" playlist, precisely to drown out the voices.

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I found the best way to do it is to read books, as long as you're talking in your mind your voice can't.

I can recommend two books on hearing voices.

"Living with Voices, 50 stories of recovery" By Prof Marius Romme, Dr Sandra Escher et al.

and "Hearing Voices: A Common Human Experience" By John Watkins.
Am going to try and get these book - thanks