How many of you deal with depression?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I don't understand. Comes with what medication? Do you mean the meds make you more depressed?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

My doctor and I used to think I had depression. I did definitely have it for years but then it got somewhat better but I still had some symptoms. I tried many antidepressants and none helped and finally after hears, we tried dropping all antidepressants and I got somewhat better yet. These depressive symptoms lingered though so finally my doctor decided they must be negative symptoms of schizophrenia. Many negative symptoms and depressive symptoms are the same and it can be very difficult to differenciate.

N

natalie

Fortunately, not, no. I have pure mild forms of traits of szchiophrenia, such as hearing voices, hallucinations, and paranoia. Depression, I have never had in my years, I have always been despite family, and self problems, off course, feeling stressed or frazzled, is one thing, I certainly never have had depression, I have always been a happy szchiophrenia based character. And on med!

claude

claude

The medication and the adjustment to letting my delusions made me very depressed. I am a lot better now but I am much more prone to depression and anxiety than I was before the schiz

vanish

vanish

I have been diagnosed as schizoaffective after having schizophrenia as a diagnosis for many years before that. I know I have some depressive symptoms apart from the negative symptoms such as anhedonia.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Schizophrenia Forum 1
P Schizophrenia Forum 4