How do I manage my constant resentment and random anger?

L

lilahwantstobehappy

I'm having such a hard time with my depressive and anger episodes. I don't know how to control them. Does anyone have specific advice on this problem? My family refuses to try to comply and understand the mental stress that I go through on a daily basis. I feel stuck. What are some tactics that can help lessen the mental strains when these episodes occur?

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Anger is a hard one to control. The depression is the flip side of anger. So it helps to find the root cause of the anger. My mother was the root cause of my anger. I was very angry about what she did to me as a vulnerable child. I was very angry about being invalidated. I was very angry that this affected my whole life.

I had to learn to feel my anger appropriately; not to bleed my anger all over innocent people.

Anger is your power. You have to wield your power like a sword. Just surpressing or repressing the anger won't work. Ultimately, anger has it's opposite; compassion. So you have to transform the anger into compassion for the person or people who hurt you.

That's all I know about anger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Personality Disorders Forum 2