Help me!

A

Aluminium_Blue

I have an extreme irrational case of gymnophobia. I have considered hypnotherapy but it’s grown worse and worse over the years. I don’t know how to overcome it and it’s ruining my life and relationship because I can’t be in the same space as someone if nudity is shown. HELP!

Wednesday_58

Wednesday_58

I have an anxiety attack is a nude scene comes on when my bed is in the room thought I was just me. Hope it gets better

calypso

calypso

Admin
HIya

I would think that hypnotherapy is one way to go. But I think that longer term therapy might help more, finding out why you have this fear and how to slowly be exposed to little bits and pieces until the fear lessens. It can be helped, I'm sure.

S

silly me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Wow!

I didn't know there was a name for it!

Welcome to the forum. And you have some really good suggestions..

I don't know if mine is "gymnophobia" - or just plain burn out. After being in the medical field for about 2 decades - maybe longer, i've recently become almost repulsed by naked strangers walking around.

I'm a bodybuilder, and shy away from looking even at myself in the mirror.. Unless i absolutely HAVE to..

In the female locker rooms, they walk around or stretch in the nude after taking a shower without caring who sees them. Then you have some of the strange females who are "super friendly" that sidle right up to you, with only a towel - wrapped around their hair, while they're dripping wet - and try having a conversation. Or even worse, asking for a hug..

I can't even look at them.. And in some instances, i've tripped and fallen over the locker room benches trying to get out of there.:unsure:

I don't want to offend them.. But after several years of seeing the human anatomy in all colors, shapes and sizes - that's like working at McDonald's all day, and telling me i get to have a burger for dinner.

Not happening, man..:low:

S

silly me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
oh, and again?

:welcome:

This is a great place to share!

M

Mix-Tape

Hello Alublue.
I have never heard of this condition but you learn new things everyday here , how long has this been an issue for you ?

O

ozma aveisan

Do you know what started this phobia? And what happens to you when you do see someone naked? What do you feel inside?