Forgetfulness

F

Fantastic98

Hi all.. I was in supermarket today and bought a bottle of water. I get it free with a sandwich I bought. This evening I bought other groceries in same store and after, I thought I had bought another bottle of water but discovered I hadn't but I was sure I did. I went back to store and was assured I only had the bottle from the morning time. This never happened before. Its like I was doing something this evening that I had done this morning. Any info appreciated. Otherwise I feel fine. I'm an insulin dependent diabetic also did feel extra tired today. Also I'm very used to buying the sandwich on an almost daily basis so might have thought I took the water off the shelf again.. Cheers Kevin..

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hello and welcome kevin gee this morning i completely forgot about a mug of tea i had just made and made another and discovered the forgotton mug hours later. so rest assured you aint the only one...

what i would say is to not over think it too much otherwise that can stress you out and is more likely to make you more forgetful anyway.

F

Fantastic98

hello and welcome kevin gee this morning i completely forgot about a mug of tea i had just made and made another and discovered the forgotton mug hours later. so rest assured you aint the only one...

what i would say is to not over think it too much otherwise that can stress you out and is more likely to make you more forgetful anyway.
Thanks blacksmoke.. As you say not to overthink it. I'm a recovering alcoholic and you may or may not know, we do a lot of thinking. Although in general I'm good at letting go, just some things take a bit longer than others to be shifted along. Thanks for reply once again. Feel better already..

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

ah yes the overthinking and maybe the rapid thinking at the same time i used to use booze not heavy now as a coping mech.

well done for stayiing off the alcohol takes a lot of discipline i imagine.

F

Fantastic98

ah yes the overthinking and maybe the rapid thinking at the same time i used to use booze not heavy now as a coping mech.

well done for stayiing off the alcohol takes a lot of discipline i imagine.
Yes it takes disclipine OK. I go to aa meetings which saved my life for the last 16 years. I've no desire to drink now. I've just got to keep an eye on my thinking.. I'll keep you posted if any other weird episodes happen..

N

NorasDad

With my OCD and attendant anxiety, forgetfulness has been the bane of my existence until now. But even as I get better, I'm so used to my "anxiety alarm clocks" going off all the time that when they don't I feel a little lost - good, but lost.

There are times that you just have to accept forgetfulness, right? I felt so much better today that I kind of lost an hour or so. I didn't have anything to worry about, so my memory went to sleep.

Ok, and I smoked some pot. It's legal here!

But the reason I started using marijuana products is that marijuana helps my OCD forget my worries and that helps me stop ruminating.

Good and bad together, I guess.