For anyone wanting some encouragement

frisas45

frisas45

Thank the Lord for this! I thought this website did not allow Christians or any other religions!

Here's my story:
My mother is suffering from delusional disorder. She believes that she is facing persecution from dark spiritual forces manifested in evil-minded people, despite there is none. She rages about it, and causes trouble. I went to the doctor to get help. He gave her Risperidone and Lithium to ease her anger and delusions. They seems to calm her down, but she goes back again.

She is so angry that she became alcoholic. That seemed to calm her down, but my doctor warned that could bring dangers.
He urged me not to have her drink alcohol.

I tried that for months. I tried telling her. I tried pouring it out. Nothing worked. There were times she never takes her pills properly. I tried to force her for months, but it doesn't work. She is spiraling out of control and I can't stop it.

But my mind pushes me to push harder or else everything is over.

I suffer from paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. I have been taking pills properly, but this situation is scaring me beyond limits.

From what I've learned from websites, you just worry about yourself if someone is not willing to receive help. But I can't. She might end up homeless if she spirals down the path. I feel like I have to do better in order to survive. Without her, I feel like I can't survive. I can get a job, who on earth is going to take care of her? There's a possibility that I can't get a job. Or won't make enough money. My father is exhausted, and cannot pay for her hospital bills if she gets admitted into one. And since I am an undergraduate from a college, I can't pay for our living expenses and her expenses.

To make things worse, my doctor is going to confront my mother due to her problems. Best luck with that. She won't listen; I tried confrontation myself. I don't know what to do.

I prayed and nothing worked as of now.

frisas45

frisas45

Thank the Lord for this! I thought this website did not allow Christians or any other religions!

Here's my story:
My mother is suffering from delusional disorder. She believes that she is facing persecution from dark spiritual forces manifested in evil-minded people, despite there is none. She rages about it, and causes trouble. I went to the doctor to get help. He gave her Risperidone and Lithium to ease her anger and delusions. They seems to calm her down, but she goes back again.

She is so angry that she became alcoholic. That seemed to calm her down, but my doctor warned that could bring dangers.
He urged me not to have her drink alcohol.

I tried that for months. I tried telling her. I tried pouring it out. Nothing worked. There were times she never takes her pills properly. I tried to force her for months, but it doesn't work. She is spiraling out of control and I can't stop it.

But my mind pushes me to push harder or else everything is over.

I suffer from paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. I have been taking pills properly, but this situation is scaring me beyond limits.

From what I've learned from websites, you just worry about yourself if someone is not willing to receive help. But I can't. She might end up homeless if she spirals down the path. I feel like I have to do better in order to survive. Without her, I feel like I can't survive. I can get a job, who on earth is going to take care of her? There's a possibility that I can't get a job. Or won't make enough money. My father is exhausted, and cannot pay for her hospital bills if she gets admitted into one. And since I am an undergraduate from a college, I can't pay for our living expenses and her expenses.

To make things worse, my doctor is going to confront my mother due to her problems. Best luck with that. She won't listen; I tried confrontation myself. I don't know what to do.

I prayed and nothing worked as of now.
As for pouring it out the alcohol, I tried to pour it out in the sink, not in a cup.

C

Cherryanne

Here's my story:
Hey there! Wow you are dealing with a lot right now- your mom's illness, your own, and then school on top of that! I hope you were encouraged. With God nothing is Impossible! You've prayed, now have faith that He has power enough to turn things around

frisas45

frisas45

Hey there! Wow you are dealing with a lot right now- your mom's illness, your own, and then school on top of that! I hope you were encouraged. With God nothing is Impossible! You've prayed, now have faith that He has power enough to turn things around
Thank you. I hope the doctor might give her some good advice.

calypso

calypso

Admin
We welcome all religions but don't permit a person to promote their religion in a proselytising way.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

The doctor is the best one to talk her into not drinking :hug:

You are responsible for yourself, you can't be 100% responsible for your mum, particularly as you can't be there 24/7 to stop her drinking, she has to want to recieve the help, you can't force it onto her :hug:

frisas45

frisas45

The doctor is the best one to talk her into not drinking :hug:

You are responsible for yourself, you can't be 100% responsible for your mum, particularly as you can't be there 24/7 to stop her drinking, she has to want to recieve the help, you can't force it onto her :hug:
Thank you for the advice! But it's hard not to, especially if I have to stay with her to survive. I live in South Korea, and it's hard to be employed, so I can't move out, even for foreigners living in Korea like me.