Feeling kinda hopeless right now

L

Lilou34

I havent purged in 10 days which i think is great however my calories have dropped too low most days, one or two days have been slightly higher. There doesnt seem to be a middle ground for me. If i raise my calories and i get that full feeling the cycle will start again i think. Theres no end to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lilou34

Thank you x i know im not getting enough but im a healthy weight so not in medical danger as such but im trying to fix it. Thanks for your reply x

P

Polly1980sfun

I havent purged in 10 days which i think is great however my calories have dropped too low most days, one or two days have been slightly higher. There doesnt seem to be a middle ground for me. If i raise my calories and i get that full feeling the cycle will start again i think. Theres no end to this.
I'm new, ED past 30 years, in and outpatient. Would like to get out and meet others more to enjoy simple things in life. It's so easy to become isolated and inward thinking . A walk or a coffee out with a few others is best therapy. I'm east sussex. 😀

L

Lilou34

That does sound like good therapy. 🙂 Im in ireland though. My friends and family all know ive issues with food but they dont know i purge. I dont want them to know.

P

Polly1980sfun

That does sound like good therapy. 🙂 Im in ireland though. My friends and family all know ive issues with food but they dont know i purge. I dont want them to know.
Aaaah shame! I used to be in Co. Antrim, was back in Belfast for a visit last Summer ... put a happy word around, new people are friendlier than you think and you can choose them! Families, well....😁

L

Lilou34

Very true! Lol although most of my family are great. They know i have issues with diet i just cant have them knowing to whole truth. Only my counsellor knows.

P

Polly1980sfun

I know exactly how you feel, I live with my parents at the moment. Bulimia and family do not go together. I would be mortified if they actually knew the ins and outs of it. It's a condition that I'm no way comfortable with openly discussing. Try and have a better day today. Sending you positive vibes across The Pond.

L

Lilou34

I know exactly how you feel, I live with my parents at the moment. Bulimia and family do not go together. I would be mortified if they actually knew the ins and outs of it. It's a condition that I'm no way comfortable with openly discussing. Try and have a better day today. Sending you positive vibes across The Pond.
Thankfully im livng on my own so i can easily hide it. Although i couldnt classify myself as bulimic to be honest. It was always at the weekends id purge. Its just jumped up since ive tried counselling. Im back to restriction now. Havent b/p in almost a week. Some part of me thinks my family wouldnt be shocked if they knew but im still never gonna tell them. Theyd never leave me alone about it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Eating Disorders Forum 5
S Eating Disorders Forum 4