Family won't understand me

C

Cdecde

Im obsessed with cleaning and organising, my dad's side of the family is known to be so obsessed and almost crazy about cleaning, to give you an idea, one day one of their children peed himself while sleeping, they washed the sheets, blanket, mattress, bed, they put the child in a chair, washed the chair, and cleaned the child, this just a sample of what they do, i dont know if this has anything to do with the way i am, but i read that obsessive compulsive disorders run in the family.
Now the thing with me is that my family dont seem to understand, or not willing to understand that i clean for me, i was just talking to a family member, they always say the same thing. "don't do it", not in the sense of "ohh youre sick you should ignore it and it'll go away" but in the sense of dont complain no guests come dont clean, ive been trying for so long to make them understand that I'm suffering from their ignorance and carelessness, they make the house so dirty they leave shit on the side of the toilet, they come in the house with muddy dusty footwear, they dont CARE and they know im super hot on cleaning, i dont know who to talk to, they won't understand, im so tired i just want it all to stop i cant do this anymore

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I go thru phrases of washing everything, it is exhausting I know.
I'm sorry your going thru this.
Your right OCD can run in families, have a rule that everybody needs to take there shoes off when coming to your flat or house.
Have you thought about maybe trying some therapy something like CBT that helps you think differently?
Take care

C

cureforcancer

I think its ok to do on work like washing anyways take care

E

Edinscotbrit

It`s a shame that there are issues in the family that indicate OCD, yet they don`t seem to appreciate your inclinations to cleanliness.
Unfortunately, as the adage goes,"you can pick your friends, you can`t pick your family". With that in mind I would suggest, if they aren`t respectful of your ways, it is your home after all, you limit how often their visit you, so you are not exposed to their ignorance.
Hopefully, that might help you feel less stressed.