empty

J

jess2415

i am emotionless in an environment where everyone else is fine. i am alone, panicking inside, scared, wanting to escape inside of my head... and no one ever asks if i am ok because i look fine on the outside. i hide my issues well enough for people not know that i am not well at all.

S

Suprvixn

I understand... And on top of that, when you are so exhausted that you cannot even imagine doing anything positive, like take a walk, enjoy a hobby, talk to someone, etc., and you feel like you're just existing.

Can you promise yourself to try one nice new thing this weekend, something just for yourself? It doesn't have to be huge. Is there a restaurant you have wanted to try, or a movie you think you might like, or something you want to try to do at home (clean a specific area, fix something, rearrange furniture)? Is there a dish you really like but have never tried to make at home? A book you want to read? Anything to honor even the smallest part of you that enjoys even the smallest part of something could help you to reconnect to the fact that you are a person with feelings, whether people around you recognize your struggle or not, and that it feels better to be nicer to yourself...

I'd say, do at least one caring thing for yourself this weekend and just experience it for what it is. Why not just try it and see. It can't hurt to do something nice for yourself. You really do deserve that benefit.

J

jess2415

I understand... And on top of that, when you are so exhausted that you cannot even imagine doing anything positive, like take a walk, enjoy a hobby, talk to someone, etc., and you feel like you're just existing.

Can you promise yourself to try one nice new thing this weekend, something just for yourself? It doesn't have to be huge. Is there a restaurant you have wanted to try, or a movie you think you might like, or something you want to try to do at home (clean a specific area, fix something, rearrange furniture)? Is there a dish you really like but have never tried to make at home? A book you want to read? Anything to honor even the smallest part of you that enjoys even the smallest part of something could help you to reconnect to the fact that you are a person with feelings, whether people around you recognize your struggle or not, and that it feels better to be nicer to yourself...

I'd say, do at least one caring thing for yourself this weekend and just experience it for what it is. Why not just try it and see. It can't hurt to do something nice for yourself. You really do deserve that benefit.
Thank you for all of the kind words. I really appreciate it.