emetophobia and agoraphobia

A

autmum

Hi all. I've seen that some suffer emetophobia without agoraphobia and the other way, I also suffer depression, largely due to panic attacks. Is there anyone that also is housebound with emetophobia here? I am in UK

subvertedeye

subvertedeye

Hi autmum,
I used to be housebound with emetophobia and agoraphobia and went through therapy and medication to try and get out of it. Then I moved onto fluoxetine and suddenly was able to go outside and not fear germs and vomiting anymore. I've since vomited a few times and managed not to have a panic attack.
I hope things get better for you.

dd1ps

dd1ps

I have a emetophobia and I am largely housebound. At the moment I'm going out about 40 minutes a day in one go, but that's with either one or both of my parents, but at points I have been in all day for days and days.

I do suffer very much so from social anxiety so I suppose that includes a agoraphobia in some sense. Although my 'houseboundedness' is largely down to physical health problems that I have had for quite a few years. They are all very interlinked.

But things really can improve so keep going.

K

KSlove90

Good morning!

So I currently suffer with both emetophobia and agoraphobia. I tend to fight the agoraphobia pretty well on a daily basis because I still want to experience life. I have had severe health anxiety ever since a hospital stay due to stomach bug about 5 years ago. I fell very ill with all the typical symptoms. I endes up vomiting infront of people and this made my anxiety much worse.

I have had general anxiety so since high school. Never really knew how it started but have been controlling it well with my PCP. Currently take medication for this. Sometimes feel like nothing works as well as I'd like!

Thanks! Would love to hear your thoughts!

O

ozma aveisan

Yep i do.... Still in constant search of a miracle cure.... but there is no such thing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Phobia Forum 5
x3n Phobia Forum 5