Does my sister have persecutory paranoia??

S

Smallcat

Desperate for help. It’s my first post. Came here as my sister is making my
Life hell.
She has smoked a lot of cannabis over the years.
She lost her job as she claimed they were spying on her
She thought people on Facebook were trying to get at her with their status updates.
6 months ago she accused me of talking about her to others. I said 100 percent no. She said she had proof. But refuses to show me. She has become really aggressive. I’ve begged her to show me. As I have no clue why. I’ve asked the people she claims I’ve told and they have no idea what’s going on.
I’m at the point where I feel totally bullied by her. My mum and siblings seem to believe her as she is so convinced I’ve wronged her.
I feel sick whenever I pull up outside my mums house - she lives there - as I feel panic and that she will be aggressive towards me
I’ve tried to sort this out a few times and I get odd comments like - references to cameras around the back, accusations that Ive seem footage of her in videos, making other weird accusations.
I’m at the point where I’m unable to attend family events if she is there and everyone else feels I’m the one who is in the wrong - because she is adamant , it’s as though they think there must be truth in it. I’m feeling so anxious about this and wish I could rise above it. But I can’t. I miss her. We got on so well. She doesn’t accuse any other family members of anything just me. Help pls!!!!

M

Miller77

Desperate for help. It’s my first post. Came here as my sister is making my
Life hell.
She has smoked a lot of cannabis over the years.
She lost her job as she claimed they were spying on her
She thought people on Facebook were trying to get at her with their status updates.
6 months ago she accused me of talking about her to others. I said 100 percent no. She said she had proof. But refuses to show me. She has become really aggressive. I’ve begged her to show me. As I have no clue why. I’ve asked the people she claims I’ve told and they have no idea what’s going on.
I’m at the point where I feel totally bullied by her. My mum and siblings seem to believe her as she is so convinced I’ve wronged her.
I feel sick whenever I pull up outside my mums house - she lives there - as I feel panic and that she will be aggressive towards me
I’ve tried to sort this out a few times and I get odd comments like - references to cameras around the back, accusations that Ive seem footage of her in videos, making other weird accusations.
I’m at the point where I’m unable to attend family events if she is there and everyone else feels I’m the one who is in the wrong - because she is adamant , it’s as though they think there must be truth in it. I’m feeling so anxious about this and wish I could rise above it. But I can’t. I miss her. We got on so well. She doesn’t accuse any other family members of anything just me. Help pls!!!!

Hi SmallCat , Have you ever had some sort of misunderstanding in the past and it's grown since then or has this occurred for any of the other points raised within your post, you may have some cyber social media account issues that are causing your sisters weird responses towards you, investigate, or it may be the dope.

Just take easy and take it daily.

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

From an objective standard one might argue that she struggles with paranoia - but from a personal perspective; what kind of person is she? Has she always been like this? Does she just not like you?

She could be neurotic; and perhaps if she could practice mindfulness she might be able to separate herself from herself - and come to understand herself better. Would you consider her self-aware - or is that something that she might benefit by practicing? If she is neurotic, it won't be an easy road to recovery; but it isn't impossible. How old is she?