Depression

K

Kenza

I don't think I quite stopped being depressed although I was taking my medication but now I feel more depressed I tried going out with a friend and ended up feeling even worse. ..

calypso

calypso

Admin
How long have you been taking the meds for? I think that depression doesn't just go because of meds, its a process we need to go through. I had therapy and that finally got me to understand the root of my depression and taught me techniques to counter act it. But I am bipolar and it does occur quite a lot despite this.

Have you ever thought of therapy to help you?

K

Kenza

I've been taking the meds for about a year and yes I've been doing therapy for 4 years now did CBT for the first time two years ago then I fell into a huge depression again. I'm doing CBT again now but I don't feel it working.

megirl

megirl

May be a good idea to get your meds reviewed by your doctor.
Therapy is useful though I believe you have to be stable enough for it to be useful.
We are all different but I found meds were what got me through

Lemonrose1820

Lemonrose1820

I understand your pain but maybe try and pick up a new hobby? Even if it’s something small like reading about a certain animal on your phone. Just something new to add to your life

K

Kenza

@Henry72 that's actually so sad to hear... the thing is it gets so frustrating when the depression lasts more than a year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Bipolar Forum 1
A Bipolar Forum 1
A Bipolar Forum 5
L Bipolar Forum 9
T Bipolar Forum 4