depressed ex and dog

• Thread starter Broken-hearted n depresse
  • Start date
B

Broken-hearted n depresse

Hi All

I have a little dilemma. Today I found out that my ex-boyfriends dog died. His dog lived with me for 6 months last year while he was away for work. We broke up while the dog was living with me and I still looked after her for 6 weeks afterwards, then my ex came and picked her up.

We have been broken up since July last year. We were speaking for a bit but haven’t for about 6 months. I sent him a happy birthday message but I got no response.

He has a lot of issues. He gets extremely depressed, anxious and has PTSD. I worry about him now as his dog was his world. Should I send my condolences? I just don’t know what to do. I loved his dog and she was a part of my life for 1.5 years.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I'm so sorry about your ex boyfriend's dog, I think sending condolences would be okay :hug:

B

Thank you so much I’ve had a few people tell me that it should be ok. I just don’t want to trigger him if I message him but I also know that he wouldn’t be handling it very well and worry about his state of mind. I might wait a couple of days as he would be feeling very overwhelmed. :)

B

Thank you all. He moved a couple of months ago so I don’t have his new address. I can text him a nice message though :)
I just worry about his headspace and hope he has support around him.

B

Wellll tonight I sent him a nice text. I think I have been blocked. At least I tried to do the right thing and try and be civil.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DejaVu Depression Forum 2
S Depression Forum 6
Midnight.Panda Depression Forum 3
S Depression Forum 1
M Depression Forum 11