Dentist phobia

S

sadgirl

I have a massive phobia about the dentist yet I've made an appointment for Monday as I have toothache and have had for a couple of months now which is getting worse

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
you are so brave to be going even though you are scared x
message me anytime if you want to talk about it x sending you luck and love x

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

Good luck - dentists are my one real phobia. I have to go to a dentists who give me general anaesthetic even for a check up. I hope it goes well on Monday xx

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey :)

I know it can be scary, you're not the only one with this. It's worth going though - an hour with someone you're uncomfortable with it is a short hit, in return for healthy, pain-free teeth!x

Much love <3

burt tomato

burt tomato

It will be fine. Imagine how great you will feel once it is done. :)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Oh that’s awful for you. I would rather them say get here in half an hour then you don’t have time to worry about it. Just get the painkillers down you :hug:

Tigergirl

Tigergirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well done on going. are they going to put you to sleep to have it taken out?

I went years and years without going the dentist, I was in so much pain that I went in the end. I think it helps if you have a dentist that makes us feel calm, I liked my old dentist but the building got demolished and he has now retired, the one I am with now I don't like her one bit so I am going to find another dentist.

mischief

mischief

Admin
The Dental Phobia website has a list of dentists on their website recommended by the forum members. It might be worth checking out.

4EVRHSP

4EVRHSP

You're brave for facing this fear for the better good of your health, well done. I was exactly in the same boat. I knew my teeth had to be fixed, i could sense there was something wrong. Turned out I had about 6 holes which had to be filled, some more urgent than others. I've learnt my lesson now. I floss everyday and brush twice without fail. Prevention is always better than cure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Phobia Forum 12
C Phobia Forum 1
sirenserenade Phobia Forum 1
J Phobia Forum 5
Artmuzz Phobia Forum 5