Cutting off emotionally abusive parent - who doesn't know they are that

C

Crazy4Meows

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to cut off an emotionally abusive mother. My mother emotionally abused me my entire life, and doesn't think or realize that she did, has been repeatedly trying to get in contact with me after I've stopped contacting her. She has left me voicemails nearly begging me to call her back because she is worried I'm dead or whatever. I live 1000 miles away from her, moved 2 states away to get away, but just recently severed my communication with her. She is having my sister call and text, and is saying she is going to "come out here" if I don't call to say I'm okay.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this, or even have any advice on how to deal with a situation like this?
I'm just trying to think of what to say, via my sister, to get the point across that I am fine and am just needing some time right now.

I would greatly appreciate any advice as I desperately need it.

Thanks greatly.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I've been there.I guess all you can really do is send the message that you have chosen to go no contact and would appreciate being left alone.

It's easy to say but following through is the hard part.

Good luck with it.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Sounds a bit familiar to a situation I had with my dad, who is very manipulative abusive and toxic, all you can do is make it clear that you want zero contact then not respond to any attempts to contact you, take out a injunction or whatever they are called if neccessary :hug:

Parayana

Parayana

I haven't seen my mum in over 20 years for the same reason, she wouldn't be that bothered by that, though.

Not_here

Not_here

You say she doesn't know.

So can you really blame her or have anger towards her? She probably has her own unresolved issues that she now passes into you...

Its probably too late for her, but this is about you..

I don't know the answer but like me, running is not the answer. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I'm trying love.. but its not easy.. especially when you have so much anger toward this person.....

Good luck.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
The safe and sane thing to do regarding toxic people is to totally disconnect from them. My husband's parents also physically abused him growing up. We wrote up the law with the sentences for felon battery of a minor and stated they had deserved to be locked up for 20 years. Each of them. Requested no contact of any kind and mailed it certified. There is a you tube guy Narcissism survivor who is great for information and support. They attempted to contact us through other family members but we just wouldn't go there. End that conversation. He hasn't healed yet but at least we have stopped the injuries. He is in therapy, a good one.

Not_here

Not_here

The safe and sane thing to do regarding toxic people is to totally disconnect from them..
I'm a toxic person. I hope the world doesn't blindly turn it back on me..

I can be good...i hope.. i don't know what I'm doing..

Im.sorry xx