Constant dizziness

C

cclg

Hi everyone,

I’ve dealt with anxiety since I was 11 as I went through a couple traumatizing events around that time. I’m 26 now and for the past few months it’s been through the roof. I started having panic attacks in the past month constantly. I’m getting them almost every day. In fact I woke up tonight to a panic attack and I felt like I was going to die.

The thing that is worrying me is that I constantly feel dizzy/woozy. It’s not like vertigo, although a doctor said it was vertigo. I’ve felt vertigo before but this sensation is like I’m floating while I walk if that makes sense. I feel sensations as if I will drop and faint. But I’ve never fainted before. I have been feeling this for 5 days now from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep. I also have a crazy sensitivity to loud noises. My neighbor slammed her door a couple days ago and I felt the adrenaline rush through my body and I started to panic for a few seconds after that noise. I’m on edge and it’s the scariest feeling. I went to the hospital two days ago because it was freaking me out and I was scared it was my blood pressure dropping or a heart issue. I had an EKG done which the doctor said was normal and my blood pressure was taken laying down, sitting up and standing and again normal. I also had a full physical and bloodwork done earlier this month which again, was all normal. I’m thankful for this, but does anyone else feel the constant dizziness/drop feeling?

I guess I’m just looking for reassurance. :sorry:

Victorianna

Victorianna

Sorry to hear about your problem with dizzinesss.
Have you started taking any new medicines that could be causing this? It’s sounds like you’ve been checked out for some causes of this, and they are finding nothing so far.
I read on another thread you have health anxiety, and you have an appointment schedule with a psychotherapist. That’s a good start! It will help with the panic and anxiety.
I guess you should ask the therapist if anxiety can be causing this.
I hope you feel better soon.

C

cclg

Hi!

No I am not on any medication. I was given meclizine for dizziness but all it does is make me super sleepy. I do have serious health anxiety. I'm sick of it. These thoughts of something being wrong are taking over my life. I was sick with a cold last month and it freaked me out. That's never happened before. ugh. but yes I have an appointment on Monday with a psychologist. After so many years of debating whether I should see one I am finally making the decision to go in and get help. I'm really hoping CBT can help.

Thank you :)

Matryoschka

Matryoschka

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your panic attacks. I know how hard it is to experience it. Last year I had panic attacks a few times a week and a constant, anxious feeling.
Because I felt anxious all the time, I also felt physical symptoms like dizziness, heart palpitations, I felt warm every time I felt anxious, etc. I was also very on edge every time I heard a sudden, loud noise like a car horn or a loud scream on the streets.
The feeling of floating while walking I also experienced. It's dissociation and it's pretty common amongst anxiety sufferers.
I recovered for a few months after having lots of sessions with a therapist and CBT. Because of severe stress these weeks I started feeling anxious again, so I will see my therapist again soon. I hope therapy will help you also, it really depends on the person how long and what exactly will help you overcome your anxiety and panic.

I wish you good luck and I hope you will feel better soon (y)

Mdeey

Mdeey

The feeling of floating while walking I also experienced. It's dissociation
Careful with that, there are many causes for a floating sensation. I've had this for a couple years now. It can also feel like dropping in a hole all of a sudden. And it can occur when sitting still but moving a leg slightly for example. Very strange..
I thought I was having some proprioception disorder (muscle position signals).

Anyway, good luck @cclg

T

Tashy

Hi!

No I am not on any medication. I was given meclizine for dizziness but all it does is make me super sleepy. I do have serious health anxiety. I'm sick of it. These thoughts of something being wrong are taking over my life. I was sick with a cold last month and it freaked me out. That's never happened before. ugh. but yes I have an appointment on Monday with a psychologist. After so many years of debating whether I should see one I am finally making the decision to go in and get help. I'm really hoping CBT can help.

Thank you :)
Hiya I know exactly how you feel health anxiety has destroyed my life ATM I'm at the end of my tether. No matter how much I try and convince myself it's anxiety I still believe something is wrong I'm so tired of it feel so alone and living in fear!!!

T

Tashy

Hiya I know exactly how you feel health anxiety has destroyed my life ATM I'm at the end of my tether. No matter how much I try and convince myself it's anxiety I still believe something is wrong I'm so tired of it feel so alone and living in fear!!!
I'm having 2 panic attacks a day.

Victorianna

Victorianna

Tashy - I'm sorry you are having such problems with anxiety. Are you getting any treatment for it? Health anxiety is very difficult to deal with, so I hope you have someone helping you.

T

Tashy

Tashy - I'm sorry you are having such problems with anxiety. Are you getting any treatment for it? Health anxiety is very difficult to deal with, so I hope you have someone helping you.
Victorianna- I do I've had my first CBT and have a second tomorrow been put on mitrazapine two days ago and have slept well but I'm just so unhappy I want to be able to enjoy life and ATM that feels impossible.

Victorianna

Victorianna

That’s good. I’ve never done CBT, but have heard it can be very effective.
I have been where you are now, and it got better. I’m hoping the same goes for you. With therapy, medicine, and time, I bet it does.
Meantime, hang in there and if it helps, post here. :hug:

T

Tashy

That’s good. I’ve never done CBT, but have heard it can be very effective.
I have been where you are now, and it got better. I’m hoping the same goes for you. With therapy, medicine, and time, I bet it does.
Meantime, hang in there and if it helps, post here. :hug:
Thank you it does help makes me feel less alone just want to feel like me again x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ell9199 Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2