Can't sleep - freaking out!

vanish

vanish

I went to my therapy appointment tonight and told my psychologist everything that is going on with me at the moment. She told me I sound like I am headed for a psychotic episode and suggested hospital. I flat out refused to go because my wife has planned a weekend away at the football. I don't want to let my wife down. Now my psychologist is going to phone my psychiatrist tomorrow morning to see what to do. I just know he is going to want to admit me to hospital. I can't sleep and here's me mind racing and it's past midnight. I don't know what to do! I still have capacity and insight, he won't hospitalise me will he? It's a private clinic with wifi so I can take my laptop, phone and iPad but letting the Mrs down would be so hard on her.

L

Lunar Lady

Vanish, your wife will value you far more than the weekend plans.

You must tell her what psych said darling, you're health is the priority xxx

vanish

vanish

I know I should put my health as a priority Lunar Lady, but my poor wife has already paid for the tickets to the football plus the hotel and cannot get a refund (we checked). She even whispered to me tonight "please be alright for the weekend".
I'm just freaking out. I tried logging into Lifeline's online chat but missed the nightly cutoff by about an hour. Not that I'm suicidal or anything... just super duper anxious.

L

Lunar Lady

Vanish, can you be totally open with your wife and say how anxious you're feeling?

The fact that the tickets are paid for has ramped up your stress levels - is there anyone else in the family who'd enjoy the footie with her? A sibling she could take?

Don't hide your fear from her Vanish :hug:

vanish

vanish

She could take her daughter I guess to the city. It's a king size bed (not two beds) but I'm sure won't mind. It's just my wife was trying to put a bit of romance into our relationship by organising a dirty weekend away. I am not particularly interested in sex right now anyway.
You're right through Lunar Lady, my stress levels are through the roof thinking about a wasted trip.

L

Lunar Lady

She could take her daughter I guess to the city. It's a king size bed (not two beds) but I'm sure won't mind. It's just my wife was trying to put a bit of romance into our relationship by organising a dirty weekend away. I am not particularly interested in sex right now anyway.
You're right through Lunar Lady, my stress levels are through the roof thinking about a wasted trip.
I think if you just explain that your anxiety is exceptionally high and you're worried, your wife will understand.

In many ways, it would be more damaging for your relationship if her expectations of a lovely weekend are spoiled by the way you're feeling.

Nothing to stop you telling her how wonderful she is for arranging this - how much you appreciate what she's done for you - but that you genuinely feel you can't cope.

She could have a nice break away with her daughter and you can get sorted out :hug:

L

Lunar Lady

A little note inside your wife's suitcase telling her how much you love her will go a long way, Vanish....focus on your health right now but please make sure she knows she's appreciated.

That's all us girls ever want - to be appreciated and loved. xxx

vanish

vanish

Good point Lunar Lady, good point. I do appreciate the time, effort and money she's put in to organise such a trip. I know if I get hospitalised, I'll be there 2 weeks minimum to start on a new medication. I am hoping for something that doesn't cause weight gain if that's the case.
I'll talk to the Mrs in the morning before she goes to work. I might even arrange for some flowers for her so she knows I appreciate all she does for me (she's my full time carer as well as working and studying).

L

Lunar Lady

Good point Lunar Lady, good point. I do appreciate the time, effort and money she's put in to organise such a trip. I know if I get hospitalised, I'll be there 2 weeks minimum to start on a new medication. I am hoping for something that doesn't cause weight gain if that's the case.
I'll talk to the Mrs in the morning before she goes to work. I might even arrange for some flowers for her so she knows I appreciate all she does for me (she's my full time carer as well as working and studying).
To me, that sounds like the perfect solution.

As long as she understands you're not rejecting her, she will be happy to know that you're taking your health seriously and doing something positive about it. This will benefit you both long term.

I'm sure it will work out fine, Vanish and I genuinely believe you are being sensible - which she will appreciate.

xxx

vanish

vanish

Thanks Lunar Lady, still waiting to hear back from my psychiatrist. Apparently the hospital is trying to call him too. Meanwhile he’s mia

L

linus

It’s better if you would start with some sleeping pills and some anxiety meds, that should give you fast relief.

vanish

vanish

Hi Linus, I am not allowed sleeping pills and anti-anxiety meds as some of them can be quite addictive. As a former addict, addictive mind altering substances are frowned upon.

L

linus

In my country melatonin is not a medicine, it’s just a dietary supplement, thus I fail to see the reason for editing, but anyway.

mischief

mischief

Admin
In my country melatonin is not a medicine, it’s just a dietary supplement.
Melatonin interacts with many drugs as you can see on the following web page:

Interactions

It is always important to check with your doctor or pharmacist the interactions of any drugs or dietary supplements that you are considering to take in addition to your existing medications.

vanish

vanish

It's a no-go with melatonin, as it interacts with some of my non-psych meds. I've tried Valerian root though and it didn't help.

vanish

vanish

Just letting everyone know, I am in hospital finally. I feel so relieved however because I’m in another town, visitors will be few and far between.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I hope the best for you, that you start feeling better and get well soon.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Just letting everyone know, I am in hospital finally. I feel so relieved however because I’m in another town, visitors will be few and far between.
That's great news. I hope it goes well. :)

mischief

mischief

Admin
How is it going Vanish? How far are you away from your home?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Schizoaffective Forum 2
I Schizoaffective Forum 2