Can someone help me feel a bit normal... please?

BillHLovespoll

BillHLovespoll

Hello,

My name is Billy i am 25 years old and for almost two years now i have been scared to go into shopping centres, wait in queues, sit in traffic, go into the doctors, hospitals, flying, go anywhere other than my home. Thats just to name a few places im scared to go. I have always had this and i have always made my girlfriend go into shops and sort doctors appointments out for me etc... which i feel so guilty for im the man that should be doing these things, espically going into shops or shopping centres but whenever i do i feel like im going to faint or something will happen to me. Also i have used to be scared of blood but now recently whenever someone mentions it i cant listen and i cant stand it which is sad as i have a blood test this week... 🙁.

This has been going on for around two years now and in december around 2 months ago, i started to feel really weird like i wasnt in my body and id be driving and i would feel like im in a dream which used to make me manically depressed to the point of becoming breathless and out of control and crying, i never cry by the way. Also in these past two months ive had non stop extreme symptoms of heart fluttering, extremely weak all the time, lightheadedness that wont go away, my legs feel heavy when walking, constant worry im dying, hands/arms soemtimes tingle or feel numb and headaches. I havent been at work for 2 months because these symptoms have scared the hell out of me, and i feel whenever i try to do something and leave the house i am overwhelmed with the lightheaded feeling or a extreme bout of fear where my legs feel like jelly and im breathing really fast my hands go sweaty. I also need constant reassurance hence why i have rung over 6 doctors online in the last 2 months, had medics check me over, been to doctors surgery 4 times which is extremly hard for me just for someone to say you are ok and im not dying.

I have stopped doing things i enjoy, like boxing, football, going on dates with my girlfriend and i cant physcial go to work. I dont know what to do im in such a mess the only hope i got at the moment is my blood test telling me im lacking in something just so i can get medication and get better. I just feel hopeless i see all my friends going football and i just feel like why cant i play without feeling dizzy me and my girlfriend have been arguing more lately because i say im to ill to stay round hers but she doesnt seem to understand...

Could someone please reply to me and help me and make me feel a bit more normal and that im not losing my life or going to end up going crazy. Please?

Thanks
Billy

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

You could get a therapist to work with you on desensitizing you to the things you are afraid of. I wouldn't put all my hope in a pill. I personally would opt for a therapist who has experience with these kind of problems.

T

tiacxx

Hi Billy,

I definitely would recommend going to the doctors and talking about all of this so they are able to refer you so you can get some extra support. It sounds like perhaps CBT would be beneficial? I'm aware that you struggle going to the doctors and I'm positive there are ways to self-refer online or use online services to help. It will get easier I promise :) If you ever want to talk I'm just a message away!

BillHLovespoll

BillHLovespoll

Hi Billy,

I definitely would recommend going to the doctors and talking about all of this so they are able to refer you so you can get some extra support. It sounds like perhaps CBT would be beneficial? I'm aware that you struggle going to the doctors and I'm positive there are ways to self-refer online or use online services to help. It will get easier I promise :) If you ever want to talk I'm just a message away!
Thanks im new to this but i think i sent you a message 🤐

C

Clark75

I've been there, unable to leave the house. I would suggest online therapy services to start and baby steps, take everything in baby steps.

D

Djfergy123

Hello,

My name is Billy i am 25 years old and for almost two years now i have been scared to go into shopping centres, wait in queues, sit in traffic, go into the doctors, hospitals, flying, go anywhere other than my home. Thats just to name a few places im scared to go. I have always had this and i have always made my girlfriend go into shops and sort doctors appointments out for me etc... which i feel so guilty for im the man that should be doing these things, espically going into shops or shopping centres but whenever i do i feel like im going to faint or something will happen to me. Also i have used to be scared of blood but now recently whenever someone mentions it i cant listen and i cant stand it which is sad as i have a blood test this week... 🙁.

This has been going on for around two years now and in december around 2 months ago, i started to feel really weird like i wasnt in my body and id be driving and i would feel like im in a dream which used to make me manically depressed to the point of becoming breathless and out of control and crying, i never cry by the way. Also in these past two months ive had non stop extreme symptoms of heart fluttering, extremely weak all the time, lightheadedness that wont go away, my legs feel heavy when walking, constant worry im dying, hands/arms soemtimes tingle or feel numb and headaches. I havent been at work for 2 months because these symptoms have scared the hell out of me, and i feel whenever i try to do something and leave the house i am overwhelmed with the lightheaded feeling or a extreme bout of fear where my legs feel like jelly and im breathing really fast my hands go sweaty. I also need constant reassurance hence why i have rung over 6 doctors online in the last 2 months, had medics check me over, been to doctors surgery 4 times which is extremly hard for me just for someone to say you are ok and im not dying.

I have stopped doing things i enjoy, like boxing, football, going on dates with my girlfriend and i cant physcial go to work. I dont know what to do im in such a mess the only hope i got at the moment is my blood test telling me im lacking in something just so i can get medication and get better. I just feel hopeless i see all my friends going football and i just feel like why cant i play without feeling dizzy me and my girlfriend have been arguing more lately because i say im to ill to stay round hers but she doesnt seem to understand...

Could someone please reply to me and help me and make me feel a bit more normal and that im not losing my life or going to end up going crazy. Please?

Thanks
Billy
I know what u mean! You feel like your not there and struggle to breathe.u feel like u just gotta get out! I get anxious when i have to go to a place where there are people around you, i struggle to breath, get so
hot, think im havin a heart attack, its horrible