Been thinking about relapsing alot lately....

aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

Ive been opoid free for the last 8 months. But ive been really depressed, anxiety starting to take over again. Weed isnt taking the edge off anymore....

F

Forevertrying

Ive been opoid free for the last 8 months. But ive been really depressed, anxiety starting to take over again. Weed isnt taking the edge off anymore....
Tell your doctor how your feeling. It's a dark hole starting again you have done so well.

D

douglas1968

Will let me say first congratulations, great job on being eight months. So you been thinking about relapsing lately. We will always have those sort of thoughts but please let them remain as they are, just thought. I completely understand the stress, anxiety and depression but we need to come up with better coping skills. Are you working the 12 steps? Bottom line, please don't let that eight months of sobriety go down the drain.

ghost_girl80

ghost_girl80

im right there w/you as well & i dont want to go back to prison or rehab, but how do i get rid of all these extreme feelings on just wanting to hit the f it button & use again?

MeropeneM

MeropeneM

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A strong dose of water soluble multi-vitamins should be taken when symptoms of relapse appear.

Also, keep in mind that your methadose doctor can prescribe you oxycodone or injectable hydromorphone for a condition called OUD (opioid use disorder). So if you know you will relapse you need to let your doctor know about your imminent intent to use so he can prescribe you pharmaceutical grade opioids of known doses. This is a harm reduction strategy known to considerably decrease overdose risk.

ghost_girl80

ghost_girl80

that sounds good, but i cannot do that right now b/c i am on parole & they don't allow it

C

Corvideo

ghost_girl80, I don't know how you get rid of persistent feelings, but smashing stuff works for frustration for me (Not people/animals obviously). I feel similarly frustrated... Not sure if this helps but I'm (legally) high but still feel frustrated... -getting high would at most give you temporary restbite?

J

Jules5

Hi Ghost girl-Think about the withdraw you went through and how today you are not suffering through withdraw. Giving into the drugs is only going to put you back in prison. It is hard to stop taking drugs when the urge hits you. Just take that urge and turn it into how you remember getting off the drugs. Relapse is not a choice right now. Give it time. Take care of your business with parole and if you want to stay out of prison just hang in there as a clean and sober person. Stay away from triggers people places and things that make you think about using. Do not write this off as when you are sitting in prison again you will have to come off the drugs and this is not so pretty. It may even be too late-longer prison term for actions committed while under the influence of drugs. Drugs are not your friend you know this so ran away from them and keep clean. The best of wishes during your hard ass recovery. You have already made it to 8 months this probably seemed impossible when you were in your active addiction. Hugs

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Substance Abuse Forum 13
vanish Substance Abuse Forum 4